How do you get ready for meets?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

F

Flip_Twist_Tumble_Twirl

How do you get ready for a gymnastics meet? I usually leave out my leo, warmups, and other stuff the night before. The next day, I take a shower, put on my leo/warmups, do my hair/makeup, eat a quick breakfast, and then I go to the meet. What do you do?

How do you get ready for a gymnastics meet? I usually leave out my leo, warmups, and other stuff the night before. The next day, I take a shower, put on my leo/warmups, do my hair/makeup, eat a quick breakfast, and then I go to the meet. What do you do?

Exactly what I do

Flip_twist_tumble_twirl

I shower, do my hair, them my make-up, and last I put my leotard and warm ups on. Then I make sure my bag is packed, get a snack, and leave for the meet.

Get everything ready the night before, so that I can drag myself out of bed at the last possible moment and still have time to shower. I am usually in the first group so I will put my Leo on under my clothes, and then do my hair and makeup on the train on the way there.

I haven't been to one (YET) but I would imagine my routine will be as the same as the others but I will also add in - listening to my Gymnastics Playlist Music. Katy Perry is featured a lot in this playlist. ROAR and Dark Horse is my two fav's to get me in the right - BRING IT ON - mindset of pretty much anything I do, so I am sure I will include it into gymnastics too.

I am not ready for my first meet yet - that's for sure. I spent the last year getting my body into shape, eating right, conditioning etc. Now I just need to find a gym in the area to start to train! Oh I can't wait though! WOOT!

You'll find a gym. And if you're in shape, that makes gymnastics far easier, because most skills require lots of strength (hence, the kip). You'll get there. I am so excited for my L4 meet! It is so fun to compete, I can assure you. :D

It depends I. When I'm competing. If I'm competing in the morning, I get my stuff out the night before. Then I shower, put on my Leo and warmup suit, do my hair, bug my parents about leaving a little early, and then go. It's the same as if I have it later, except if it's later I don't shower then and don't leave my stuff out the night before. If it's later I normally watch gymnastics videos to pass the time.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back