WAG how do you get rid of bruises on your hips???

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

im level 6 and im afraid to do my cast handstand to baby giant. my hips are covered in black ,blue,and purple bruises. im going to have a private with my head coach but does anybody have any tips for me??:(

My friend has a pelvis that sort of sticks out and hits the bar. Sometimes she tapes a Maxi pad to the part that hits the bar...you could try that with your hips. My coach says they used to do that for belly beats back when the womens' bars were in close. Also, your hips shouldn't slam into the bar on this skill...you need to shift your wrists and wind up straight on top of the bar.

If your going to do bars your going to have bruises on your hips - that is all part of this sport. I don't think my DD has had a bruise free body in the 10 years she has been doing this. I always use to worry when we took her for her annual physical that the DR would think she was getting beaten.

When i first started learning clear hips/baby giants ect. my gym put a pipe covering around the bar and used mini velcro strips to hold it on so we wouldn't smack our hips on the bar and get scared to do them. Keep in mind that we were just learning them but if i were you id just "gymnast" it up. After a while the bruises will heal and you wont notice it any more :)

Flips we do the same generally with foam insulation for cast to HS and Clear Hip to HS back hip circle.

Sometimes the bar will hit the pubic bone on the girls and apparently it hurts like heck. It took us (guys) awhile to figure out what the pain was coming from. We were familiar with the hip discomfort just not that.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back