WAG How do you know it's time?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymgurl

Coach
Gymnast
When do you know it's time to move on? I feel like it's time to move on from competing but don't know if I can bring myself to quit?

When there is something else that you would rather do more.

I'm not sure but if you find out let me know. I think I have decided that it's gonna be hard and possibly unwanted, but that is life and sometimes you have to grow up and move on with your life.

Never quit when you are feeling down, usually there is some part of you that is reacting to the situation and this is when you make a desicion that you may regret later.

Wait until you have a great day and enjoyed the training and then ask yourself, "would I miss this?" For a LNG time the answer will be of course don't quit. But one day your brain will answer back "you know, I think I'm ready now".

remember that gymnastics is a huge part of your life it fulfills many needs for you. Exersize, fitness, social activity, a place to let your energy out, a place to achieve amazimg things and so on. Until you have found something that fulfills these needs without gymnastics then ,out likely you will still need gymnastics.

Quitting, or continuing to train and compete, should have nothing to do with your age. Do what you enjoy doing until you can no longer find time to train because you're doing other things you feel are more important.

Quitting, or continuing to train and compete, should have nothing to do with your age. Do what you enjoy doing until you can no longer find time to train because you're doing other things you feel are more important.

How do you suggest then continuing training when you have to get a full time job? How do you pay for training and competitions when you are just starting out on your own? And what do you do when you feel like nothing will ever take the place of gymnastics and competing, you can't do it forever?

My DD is reaching an age where school sports are an option, and she is growing, making flexibility and strength more of an area she has to work hard at: it's not coming easily anymore.

That being said, when she has tossed the idea around about quitting (which was only when she was frustrated by her growth spurt)...I told her to only quit if she was ok never doing gymnastics again, then quit...she has decided to stick with it...I know it will be a hard decision to make once the time comes....good luck to you!!

Would your club let you train less hours and not compete? There are a couple of girls at our club who do that.

Is it that you are finding the hours now you are at uni hard or is it just that you feel now you have left school no one else is doing it and therefore you should move on?
How does it make you feel thinking about not going back to the gym?
What would you do for exercise?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back