Parents How do you qualify to state/regionals in level 8? (in Texas)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GymnastMomX2

Proud Parent
Hi! Mom to a new level 8, curious what the state qualifying score is in Texas? And also does qualifying to regionals work the same way level 7 did? Top percentage?

thanks! :)

Are you sure it's a 34 for State? I know it is for mobility to L9, but we had a L8 go to State in TX last year after only scoring in the 32s throughout the season.

Florida is a 32 qualifying score for state , and percentage for regionals. If you go to your regions website the qualifying scores are usually posted.

Qualifying Score to State Championship Meets. If there is a need to adjust the score to increase participation, the State Committee will confer and make the determination.

Level 3 - Compete All Around in one sanctioned meet
Level 4 - Compete All Around in one sanctioned meet
Level 5 - 33.00
Level 6 - 33.00
Level 7 - 33.00
Level 8 - 32.00
Level 9 - 32.00
Level 10 - 32.00

After much searching, I found this. It said Texas, but Texas seems to be very secretive about its gymnastics, as this was very hard to find. Mobility from level 8-9 is a 34.00 AA, but I could not find where it says this is the required score to go to the state championships in Texas. I'd love it if someone could post an official Texas qualifying score statement, because that information is very hard to find.

Qualifying Score to State Championship Meets. If there is a need to adjust the score to increase participation, the State Committee will confer and make the determination.

Level 3 - Compete All Around in one sanctioned meet
Level 4 - Compete All Around in one sanctioned meet
Level 5 - 33.00
Level 6 - 33.00
Level 7 - 33.00
Level 8 - 32.00
Level 9 - 32.00
Level 10 - 32.00

After much searching, I found this. It said Texas, but Texas seems to be very secretive about its gymnastics, as this was very hard to find. Mobility from level 8-9 is a 34.00 AA, but I could not find where it says this is the required score to go to the state championships in Texas. I'd love it if someone could post an official Texas qualifying score statement, because that information is very hard to find.

I am not sure where you found this, but it is not for JO. For the compulsory JO levels in Texas, they take a percentage of girls from each qualifying meet...Districts, North/South State, then State.

Having done levels 2-6 already in Texas and currently doing level 7, I can tell you the list above is wrong for all of those levels. So I have no faith that it is right for 8-10.

I am not sure where you found this, but it is not for JO. For the compulsory JO levels in Texas, they take a percentage of girls from each qualifying meet...Districts, North/South State, then State.
It was a gym in San Antonio that had it posted on their website.

Level 7 - 33.00
Level 8 - 32.00
Level 9 - 32.00
Level 10 - 32.00

These are correct unless they have changed this year. Our daughter has qualified with the above Scores.
Don't know about this year as she has been hurt and will not be completing so don't have any interest

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back