How Do You Wear Your Hair??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

How is your hair during practice

• Total voters
Do you ponytail, or braid or anything different for practice? What hairstyle stays the best when flipping? I usually bun it, though I often have to redo it.

I just put it in a ponytail for practice, but when we are on beam I have to put it up into a bun because it is long, so when I go upside down it gets in my face. Also, if I am doing a lot of back extension rolls on floor I put it in a bun too.

I just use a ponytail. My hair is long but it doesn't really bother me, except doing jumps on trampoline, it constantly whips and irritates my back...>c< But since we rarely do that, it's all good B)

Usually a ponytail. Sometimes with a headband sometimes without.

I'll also often go with a loose bun
I've tried the Nastia/Maroney bun and since my hair is layered some falls out. But I'll do it when my hair grows to all the same length.

I've tried the Nastia/Mckayla bun but it never seems to look right and it always falls out! How do you guys do it?

I also sometimes do a version of the Nastia/McKayla on beam if I am too lazy to put it in a real bun. I just do a ponytail and then pull it halfway through. It is lower down then they have it though.

A high pony tail with it sorta flipped under. May or may not be like the way Nastia has it? If I don't pull it into some sort of messy bun, it goes right on my face during giants and when I pirouette my hand lands on it and I pull it... Only takes one turn doing that to learn always to tuck the pony tail under the elastic a few times!

I've tried the real dancer bun approach, but my hair is SO thick it sorta flops around until it gets really loose and I need to redo it.

I do the Nastia/Mckayla bun. If my hairs in a ponytail it hits me in the face all the time, and any other kind of bun just falls out right away /:

i just put it up in a ponytail, with my bangs braided, and pulled back into the ponytail. i think that makes sense.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back