WAG How does a gymnast qualify to Level 8 Regionals

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

shelovestoflip

Proud Parent
I searched unsuccessfully on the USAG website and the Region 6 website as well as our state website (MA)

My daughter (first year Level 8) was talking about Regionals last night and hoping she has a chance to qualify :)

I have no idea how many girls go per state or how they determine who goes!

I would love to know specifics so I can let her know if it's even a remote possibility for her. I know there are many girls who score higher AA but I'm glad she's feeling good about how she's doing anyway!

Thanks!

maybe they don't know yet and are waiting to see what the scores are in your state & region and then they will decide a cut off. it is still listed on your regional website as "TBD".

you can also check the individual state websites for more information, maybe from 2012's regionals.

According to the Connecticut USAG state website (part of region 6):

Regional Qualification
- Levels 8, 9 , 10 only Levels 9 & 10 - 34.00 AA at States. Level 8 - the top 7 in 8-12, the top 7 in 13-14, and the top 7 in 15 & up, plus an alternate for each make up our 3 State Teams. An additional number of gymnasts taken in rank AA order regardless of Age Group will also qualify, the number based on a % formula comparing the number of girls qualifying for each State Meet in the Region. The number we are allotted is known before the State Meet so these athletes may also be recognized and attired.

It varies by state--I know that doesn't help. Here you just have to get a 34.0 AA to qualify. I know other states only send the top so many.

I know this is really late but if it still helps, here is the information. Regionals Qualifications.jpg

Here is the website which pretty much contains what chalkartist and kandkfunk posts above. Depending on your daughter's age group, scoring a mid 36+ AA has a decent chance of making it to regionals. A 37 AA almost guarantees you a spot. If your daughter is in the older age group, 13+ a high 35+ might make it. It depends largely on how everyone does at the meet. You will not know until the end of all the ssessions.

USA Gymnastics Region VI

or specifically.

http://www.region6usag.org/sites/default/files/u8/General Information.doc

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back