Parents How long have you been here?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

2013, although I had another account briefly before this one, where I asked something really stupid and realized I needed to start over. I joined before L3 and my daughter is now getting ready for a 2nd year of L9. CB continues to show me how much I don't know. I almost always learn something new, either the value of a skill or an example of how not to behave.

I went back and looked at my old posts- too funny that I still have the same questions! DD was 7 and in new level 4 at the time and now she is 13 getting ready for her second year of level 10. It is a long journey and I am so thankful for this group as I have met some amazing parents and gymnasts from it. I have learned SO much from this board! I literally had zero knowledge of the sport and this was a great place to learn a lot without having to ask these questions in real life! lol!

9 years. I don’t have time to write all that’s changed, but let’s just say my 3rd gymnast is level 4 now and she was born the year I joined. I’ve been here long enough to be embarrassed by some early posts and rants! I also realized how little I knew about anything, and now I’m the elder gymnastics guru amongst the moms and dads at our gym. I hear them saying things I used to say, only now I understand what I didn’t when I was in their shoes. Since I joined, I became a judge, and while studying for the initial exam I once again realized how little I actually knew. My original gymnast was injured too many times to make a college team (which she totally would have if not for injuries—she had offers), but is now an amazing coach and a viral video sensation (most of you have seen her video;)). It’s been a time of ups and downs and angst and celebration, and I’ve LOVED it! Thanks CB!

I joined about 3 years ago when my son was switching gyms. I was really turned off by the attitude at our previous gym, and wanted to know if all gyms were the same, cause I didn’t want to keep encouraging a kid to do a sport if he was only going to be told he was “too old and no good” despite winning events at States and placing well in regionals.

We made the switch and so far, so good. He went from Level6 to 2 years at JD and will be competing Level 9 this year... same as the “better” kids from his old gym, with much less aggravation and better coaching.

Officially, just over a year apparently, but I watched and read the board for a few years before I finally felt strongly enough about something to make an account and post. The forums move so slowly that I thought I'd never get out of "New Member" range. :eek:

I've been here forever! Well over 10 years and on my second account. Has been brilliant over the years.

I’m late to the party but I’ve been here three years and I’m so grateful that I found this page before a Facebook group! I’ve learned so much here and am so grateful for other perspectives from seasoned parents. Gymnastics is overwhelming to those of us that were brand new to the sport and it’s been wonderful to have the guidance here.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back