MAG How long?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics
Ya know, a lot of gyms actually a booster club rep take care of registration, registering and paying meets, uniforms. It took some getting used to for me but it's sorta nice.

One thing is meet directors generally prefer to talk to coaches.

Amy chance you can come out here, train with us for the summer until they get their act figured out?? I have a spare room :)

ugh. nothing. nada. Not even a nibble. I feel like I am turning into a major CGM, asking questions. Are they working tech sequences? Are they training for the next level? Do they have a plan??

The boys (2 coaches) are great. I have to say they have really stepped up and are doing a good job. But we have lost one gymnast so far (2 1/2 weeks in with no coach). Others are waiting out the month to see where we stand....

They are getting GREAT conditioning. They are probably in the best shape I have seen them in in a long time. And it appears that they are starting to work some new stuff slowly. But, I see what his competitors are doing, what skills they are getting. D is falling behind. But...then I remind myself that we have 6 months.

It is a never ending thought process right now. :(

The fact they are getting in way better shape is a good thing at this time of year, 6 months out of comp season we work on a lot of conditioning and a few new skills. New skills don't come overnight but they come faster the stronger you are. Sounds like they know what they're doing and there is no need to stress just yet. Just because they are younger than most of your coaches doesn't mean they don't know what they're doing. Our club has lots of young coaches our boys level 1-3 is coached by an 18 year old who is a fantastic coach. One our really good coaches (MAG and WAG) is only 22. Don't discount them because of age or perceived experience. I would stick it out because to be honest there is nothing drastically wrong, the fill in coaches aren't getting them to do dangerous skills and they are not teaching them poorly so stick it out I don't think there is a drastically bad situation to be honest.

The fact they are getting in way better shape is a good thing at this time of year, 6 months out of comp season we work on a lot of conditioning and a few new skills. New skills don't come overnight but they come faster the stronger you are. Sounds like they know what they're doing and there is no need to stress just yet. Just because they are younger than most of your coaches doesn't mean they don't know what they're doing. Our club has lots of young coaches our boys level 1-3 is coached by an 18 year old who is a fantastic coach. One our really good coaches (MAG and WAG) is only 22. Don't discount them because of age or perceived experience. I would stick it out because to be honest there is nothing drastically wrong, the fill in coaches aren't getting them to do dangerous skills and they are not teaching them poorly so stick it out I don't think there is a drastically bad situation to be honest.

Thanks. That is the general thought process. They are getting in good shape. And they are working lots of basics. I know that will benefit them in the long run!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back