How many competitions a year do your clubs do?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

floppycat

Proud Parent
Hi just wondering how many comps your clubs do - think DD will do 5 this year, should be 6 but on holiday for the last one, she will do at least 8 next year but more if she qualifies for the two national finals. Is that average?

depends on your level, we do 4 in county then if she make county team, one for the county, and then 4 invitationals

my dd has done 2 so far then she will do another 2 that i know of so only 4. She may do another one later in the year but not sure. Next year she will do extra if she makes it to nationals.

It just depends on the level of each gymnast - mine does about 5/6 a year - a couple of pre regional comps, regionals and then nationals if she qualifies
Its nice for them to be in the gym learning new skills rather than prepping for comps all the time -

I do lots because I compete for my university (we've done 5 already and have 1 left) and at my 'actual' club I did 4, plus finals in october if you qualify (which hopefully I will!) and one in house, but I don't really count that! So for me, 11 if you don't include the in house and we assume that my last qualifier goes well!

It does mean that I have to balance prepping for comps and learning new skills - there was one point when I had about 5 comps in a row, every weekend, meaning that I got no preparation time for each one, but I enjoy competing and I don't take uni comps all that seriously!

I do quite a lot too, for my club I do 9/10 depending on whether you count our annual club comp at the start of the year as a warm up for the season, I also compete for my school and we do 3/4 depending on whether or not we make the finals. :) and my club doesn't really have an off season, for competing, we start comps in January/February compete right through to July, then get august off for uptraining, before going straight back into competition from September to the first weekend of December. And August isn't really off time as we do displays every Saturday and most Fridays throughout August. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back