How many hours a week do you train (poll)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

How many hours a week do you train?

• Total voters
When I trained club gymnastics, I trained about 15-19 hours a week. 5 days in the gym generally 3+ hours a night. A few more hours extra during the week in the weight room. That has been a bit less than 2 years ago now.

When I first started training club gymnastics I trained more around 10-15 hours a week. In the years before that, I generally trained about that much as well. When I first trained in gymnastics, I think I trained more about 5-10 hours a week on my own.

These days I train about 15+ hours a week but in a different sport. 6 days a week, over/under 2 hours a session to 2 1/2 hours currently and another hour on day 6 or on day 7 (light bodybuilding stuff to keep my joints strong).

Ok, this is going to sound crazy... Daughter is training L7 and goes 24 hrs week. But that is the average for most of the clubs in our area for this level.

Sent from my iPhone using ChalkBucket mobile app

USAIGC bronze hoping to be a silver next season, 5 hours a week, 2 and a half hours 2 days a week, but there are only 9 girls on our team

Sent from my iPod touch using ChalkBucket mobile app :)

Ok, this is going to sound crazy... Daughter is training L7 and goes 24 hrs week. But that is the average for most of the clubs in our area for this level.

Sent from my iPhone using ChalkBucket mobile app

Did you find another gym yet? How is it going? I was thinking about your dd and how she was getting on.

My daughter is working towards lev 7 so its 19 hr a week at her gym.

Sent from my LG-P769 using ChalkBucket mobile app

My Level 2 goes, 7.5 hrs a week, this increased from 6 during the school year. Our optional go 16-20.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2

For Prep Op (now xcel) I was a novice this year and I only practice 2 hours per week. The team practices 4 but I had another obligation that ran during the exact same time as my other practice.

For High School, we practiced 2 hours a day, 3 days a week.

For summer training, our gym has decided that the girls competing in xcel (or want to next season) are going to practice 6 hours a day, 2 days a week. Personally, I'm thrilled. I'm a late starter and always have wished to have long practices. We're practicing with the JO girls which is nice to feel like part of the team.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back