How many hours are you at the gym for each week?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

How many hours a week do you spend at the gym?

• Total voters
This includes training and coaching ..
I was level 3 rec only train 2 hours
but I'm now moving up to level 4 state and I'll be training 10 hours.
I also don't coach.

Last edited:
I'm a level 8 and I go for 4 hours on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Today happens to be Wednesday...

I'm level 7, and I got on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday for 3 hours at a time.
I'm not allowed to go on Sundays or Wednesdays!
On Sundays the gym is closed, and my mom banned me from Wednesdays:mad:

I'm a Level 7, and I go to gym on Mon, Wed. for 3.5 hours, and on Thurs for 3 hours. At the end of Nov. I will add Tues. for 2 hours, and (hopefully) at the end of Dec. I will add Sat for 2 hours. So right now I go for 10 hours, but after I add both Tuesday and Saturday I will be going for 14 hours.

The L5s/6s do 3 days a week, depending on which "practice group" they are in. We have a lot of gymnasts! We workout for 4 hours at a time, which is good because there are girls who are from an hour's drive away and this way their parents don't feel like they drive everywhere all the time for just a couple hours of practice. Sometimes during the summer some girls stay for an extra hour...and some of our L6's are really L7's, but they're competing a couple L6 meets so they don't get out of practice.

I actually just upped my hours some, and I am at about 6 hours. So I go Tuesday from 1.5 to 2.5, Monday for one, Thursday for one, and Friday for 3. Maybe I will pick up Saturday for two more

I am a level 7 and I practice Monday, Wednesday, Friday for 3 1/2 hours, and on Thursday for 2 hours :) I wish I could practice more than 12 1/2 hours, though!

On the poll, I voted 13 hours because we usually go about 5-10 minutes past the time we are supposed to end...so it probably does add up to 13 hours!

WOW, 31 hours a week! i train 20-21 hours a week. i am a level 7

Yeah it can be tough sometimes but once you get to this level you need the hours to keep the standard up. Some of it is just fitness/conditioning and I dont work on routines the whole time os its ok!

I am in level 8 and i go for 16 hours a week. i go on monday, tuesday, thursday and friday for 4 hours each day.

My coach though told us that we need to work hard so she might make us go more :worried:

i train monday tuesday wednesday thursday friday saturday for 3.5 hours at a time and i coach for an hour and a half on tuesdays :)

I am a level 8, and I got Monday (3.5 hours) Wednesday ( 4 hours ) and Thursday (3.5 hours) . I sometimes go on Tuesday for (3.5 hours) if I feel I need more practice during that week. But really I'm only supposed to go 3 days a week.

Im in prep op silver, and train 9 hours a week 3 hours a day

Last edited by a moderator:
I am in level 8 and i go for 16 hours a week. i go on monday, tuesday, thursday and friday for 4 hours each day.

My coach though told us that we need to work hard so she might make us go more :worried:

hey sarah!!!! this is jessie

Moving on up...

I am a level 4 now but (maybe) by tomorrow i might be a level 5!!! :)
So i will move from 10 hours to 16.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now I am a level 8 and go about 20 hours. I also help out on Saturday mornings for like and hour amd sometimes I stay after practice for open gym on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back