WAG How many hours do you train per week for Xcel?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gymnast4

I saw someone else posted how many hours do you train per week and what level are you but I didn't see any replies from people who are in the Xcel program. I am doing Xcel Silver and will be training only 4 hours per week. Is this enough? Can other people in Xcel please tell me how much you train?

I don't compete Xcel per se but its a similar program in Australia, a less competitive, more flexible program for generally older gymnasts.

I'm level 6 going to 7 (probably a combination of 6 and 7 USAG skills - that is if we have bonus's which I normally do) and train 10hours a week supposed to be training 13 hours and will be increasing to 14 hours a week

I think that our prep op program (novice and intermediate) practices 10 hours a week.

Okay well now I definitely feel like I'm on the lower end of practice time... Well I guess it isn't the amount of time spent in the gym that counts, it's the amount of work being done:)

We use Xcel as a transition level because we don't compete level 6, so our Xcel girls train 16 hours preparing for level 7 and score out of level 6.

Level 7/8 workout 18 hours, level 9/10 workout 20 hours, HOPES/Elite/Tops homeschool 32-34 hours a week.

It really depends on how your gym used xcel. Is it used as a less competitive program to Jo or is it a stepping stone to L7+? Dds gym competes xcel instead of compulsory then goes to L7 so the training hours follow compulsory level hours.

In general, if you're staying in xcel, 4-6 hours a week is fine for training silver. If your gym transfers to L7, you would need more hours for uptraining.

It really depends on how your gym used xcel. Is it used as a less competitive program to Jo or is it a stepping stone to L7+? Dds gym competes xcel instead of compulsory then goes to L7 so the training hours follow compulsory level hours.

In general, if you're staying in xcel, 4-6 hours a week is fine for training silver. If your gym transfers to L7, you would need more hours for uptraining.

My gym just started doing Xcel. We have the compulsory and optional levels and 4-10 compete. We started Xcel for girls that want to do high school gymnastics in the future or just want to do it. It is competitive but I dont know if its as competitive as the other teams..

My gym just started doing Xcel. We have the compulsory and optional levels and 4-10 compete. We started Xcel for girls that want to do high school gymnastics in the future or just want to do it. It is competitive but I dont know if its as competitive as the other teams..

If you have the JO track as well, then your gym is using xcel as a less competitive alternative. In that case, the 4 hours makes sense.

The excels at my gym usually work out around 9 hours a week, but some of the less dedicated ones only go 6 or even 3 hours a week. The program at our gym isn't very rigorous.

For our gym it's,
Bronze- 5 hours
Silver- 7-10 1/2 hours
Gold- 7-10 1/2 hours
Platinum- 10 1/2 hours-14 hours

We use Xcel as a transition level because we don't compete level 6, so our Xcel girls train 16 hours preparing for level 7 and score out of level 6.

Level 7/8 workout 18 hours, level 9/10 workout 20 hours, HOPES/Elite/Tops homeschool 32-34 hours a week.
If your team is in USAG, then Level 6 isn't required, so a score out is unneeded.
And actually, starting this year, Level 5 isn't even required if you get 36.0+ 2x at Level 4.

This thread is from 2012. I though CB locked old threads so that they are not reignited causing confusing with old information. So much has changed with JO/DP and xcel since 2012.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back