Parents How many kids?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

htimcj

Proud Parent
There is a mom at our gym who will be sending 4 kids to team this year, L3, L5, L6 and L7. That is A LOT of meets to watch not to mention EXPENSIVE! So how many do you have on team? I have just one thank goodness!

I have 3. DDs are level 2 and 3 and DS is level 5. People often look at me like this :eek: when they hear 3 on team and contemplate my bill. ;)

I have 2. One L2 and one L3. And of course this was the year they decided to get new leos and warm ups.....

JMACAZ - I prefer to come in on year 1 of leos! we changed gyms this year and came in on year 2. So I'll be buying them this year and again next year. :eek:

1. & she's the first athlete of any kind out of our 5 kids.

I have one gymnast...and one hockey player, one football player and one competitive cheerleader...somehow each of my children have found their way to their own expensive sport!!!

Just one thank goodness! I do have other kids in their own expensive sports/activities though. The coasts are overwhelming if I let myself think about it.

One gymnast and one snow border. I don't think my nerves (at competitions) could handle two gymnasts :)

Just 1 gymnast thank goodness.

My daughter has trained with about 10 families with 2 kids on team and 2 families with 3 kids on team (all girls). I can't imagine 4. The logistics of coordinating a meet weekend would drive me insane.

I am down to one from two. I was really worried about the 2 in optionals! DD2 starts competitive swim which appears to be cheaper but I guess time will tell!

Two gymnasts and a club soccer player. The gymnasts are girl and boy, so no hand-me-down comp leos or singlets. :( The advantage to the boy is that I don't have to do his hair. But there's definitely more stuff that has to be in his meet bag, including competition socks!

Two. One L3 and one L6. It was our new leo / warmup year too. I have my fingers permanently stuck in my years while chanting "la, la, la" whenever financial topics come up!

Thank goodness only 1. Neither my nerves nor my bank account could handle 2. Other daughter does dance. I would say she is as serious about dance as you can be at a non-serious studio (non-competitive and kids who go there don't grow up to be professional dancers). Even though the cost is less (about half the cost of gymnastics) the price per hour is more, especially when you consider that they are off for several weeks at Christmas, classes end after the spring recital, and summer classes are sporadic (as opposed to gymnastics that just keeps going and going). And a $200 leo that gets worn at 8-10 meets per year for 2 years is a way better deal than a $60 dance costume that only gets worn at the dress rehearsal, recital, and pictures. And, of course, we have to buy a different costume for each number she's in. So I guess it's all relative. And truly, if you really want to feel like gymnastics is a good deal for the money spent, watch an episode or two of "Toddlers in Tiaras."

Two, at two different gyms which makes dual competing meets such fun! I've got my fingers crossed that there won't be too many of those weekends but I already know that one child's away meet is in conflict with a nonmovable religious event for the other. Talk about hearing "not fair". I'm trying to figure out how to be in two different states for both. Then there's the cost thing. Who really needs a vacation, or new clothes or entertainment when you can have gymnastics!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back