Parents How many leotards/outfits does your daughter have?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Does your daughter have lots of different outfits, or just a few? When do they get a new one?

My daughter has 2 2nd hand ones, and 1 made one through someone on the internet, cause that wasn't too expensive. Here in Holland they are so expensive in speciality shops.

Now next month she is getting a new one, because we promised her she would get one with out sleeves for Spring, most girls use one without sleeves. She will get a pair of pants/leggins as well. She is quite excited understandably.

My daughter has two uniform practice leotards and one competition leo. She also has one she has that she practices in on optional days. They have to wear the practice uniforms on the regular practice days and the can wear whatever leo they want on the optional day. Their practice leos are no sleeves. Only the competition leo has sleeves.

Oh right. At my daughters club they only have a competition leotard. And for the lessons they can wear what they like. Most girls, except some of the new young girls, have a beautiful selfpicked leotard. I will put up a picture of the one Talitha is getting. She will also get a pair of shorts with it, in dark purple.

Attachments

• foto.jpg
    foto.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 1,563
that is a gorgeous leotard... wow - i love it. we have collected a few - well I think 7 - some are so cute, I can't resist....+ some have lasted us for over a year. Has anyone purchased from the Leotard crazy shop??? I saw some cute ones there, but I was afraid they would turn out to be a wrong fit for my dd... she fits great into the GK sc right now... has anyone here purchased/compared fits?

I haven´t heard of that shop, want to have a look. Even if I could see what htey have. I think you have so many cute ones. My daughter loves purple. The one I had made, the one you see below, I sent a picture of one I had found online and she made it look sort of like it. But the ones you buy in a shop online, do sort of look a bit more beautiful. We are ordering it next month for her.:thumbsup:

Attachments

• outfit klein.jpg
    outfit klein.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 3,912
That's such a cute leotard! Your daughter is adorable. Mine won't wear long sleeved leos for practice, though obviously she's going to have to wear one for competition next year. She probably has 10 leos for practice, which is a ton, but I figure once summer starts and she's in the gym 4 days a week we will be happy to have that many. We are very lucky in that we live near the Dreamlight factory so we can buy leos for a lot less than you pay at the gym. I bought several at Dreamlight's last sale for $6 each! My son is in gymnastics too but the boys just wear gym shorts and sleeveless undershirts to work out - much cheaper!

Meg

that is a gorgeous leotard... wow - i love it. we have collected a few - well I think 7 - some are so cute, I can't resist....+ some have lasted us for over a year. Has anyone purchased from the Leotard crazy shop??? I saw some cute ones there, but I was afraid they would turn out to be a wrong fit for my dd... she fits great into the GK sc right now... has anyone here purchased/compared fits?

Talk to Audra (on this board) about sizing. You can just PM her. We run Leotard Crazy. As long as you haven't taken the tags off you can return/exchange leos. Check out our return policy at Link Removed.

Most of our online leos are MotionWear (great brand). At the gym we carry GK, Alpha Factor, MotionWear, Dreamlight, and more.

That's such a cute leotard! Your daughter is adorable. Mine won't wear long sleeved leos for practice, though obviously she's going to have to wear one for competition next year. She probably has 10 leos for practice, which is a ton, but I figure once summer starts and she's in the gym 4 days a week we will be happy to have that many. We are very lucky in that we live near the Dreamlight factory so we can buy leos for a lot less than you pay at the gym. I bought several at Dreamlight's last sale for $6 each! My son is in gymnastics too but the boys just wear gym shorts and sleeveless undershirts to work out - much cheaper!

Meg

Thanks Meg. Until Talitha only had long sleeved ones. Except the competition one, but that is not her own, that is the clubs. But man $6 dollars for a leotard. The one we are getting, with the pants, will cost us like $80, including sending costs. I should have a look out to see if I can buy one in the States, if the sending costs are not too much.

Too many!

She is very picky. I had got her a couple off ebay last year when she made pre-team since she was going to class two times a week. She doesn't care for the higher necklines and doesn't like them tight. A friend had given us some unitards and she hates them and won't wear them either. I also bought 2 from the gym for a rec Beach Bash show and Winter Snowflake show. Cute leos from Snowflake design but they ended up shrinky-dinked after a wash & dry and I ended up giving them away to a friend.

She got a pre-team leo (GK) that was my first real "taste" of the cost of a leo, it was $65 and she's only had it for about 8 months and it's already snug but she HAS to wear it now on Sat for "team" day. It is a blue one and all the other girls have red ones so her & her cousin look a little odd, LOL! Maybe she'll get one after the next order. Oh, and she suckered me into one at Christmas time from when the gym was selling them. And, she got one for her B-Day with her name on it because when she first joined the team nobody knew her name and she was pretty shy about telling people. OK, she is a leo diva at age 6! They are all short sleeved except one old one we bought at Target maybe (that may be too small now too!) and in all she has about 6 or 7.

Let's see. My daughter has her meet leo which has sleeves that only come to the elbows. She can't stand long sleeve leos at all. Then she has the warm up/team leo(tank style) that all the team girls wear for their last practice of the week and at meets with traditional warm up format. She has about 5 or 6 practice leos. I notice most of the girls tend to have a couple of favorite leos. Mine has a blue one that was a hand me down from a coach whose daughter outgrew a bunch. She's had it for 2 years and it still looks good and fits her. She usually ends up wearing it once a week(has practice 4 days/week). I think she also feels there is some "luck" attached to it also!

Would love to see pictures of them, but not sure if that is possible. I was looking at a couple of website in the States, but it seems they mostly have the shiny kind of leotards. We mainly have the soft kind of material, we call it velours, not sure if that is the English. If you check this Dutch Website, you can see all the others that shop has. Just klik on "Turnkleding" and then on "turnpakjes" and then on "particulieren". Then you should get a whole page with lots of leotards.

I checked them out, lots of great leotards you have to choose from... I recently went to a meet to watch our level 9 girls compete and was so excited to see the different shops they offer at the bigger competitions - lots of great leos... we left with 2 (ouch).. it was my 1st time soooo, i figured it was okay. Not sure what I will do when we are actually competing and go to the meets more often!!! LOL

mine insists on short sleeves to, she says she gets hot at practice, but recently has been asking for a long sleeved leo... we are not competeting yet so no competition leo for us.... that is still a ways away. It is too cute that the girls have preferences, but I guess they are the ones that have to wear em':)

Talk to Audra (on this board) about sizing. You can just PM her. We run Leotard Crazy. As long as you haven't taken the tags off you can return/exchange leos. Check out our return policy at Link Removed.

Most of our online leos are MotionWear (great brand). At the gym we carry GK, Alpha Factor, MotionWear, Dreamlight, and more.
Thanks JBS, I will PM Audra. I saw that Motionwear was the main brand, Leotard Crazy looks like a GREAT shop!

I think you need around the amount of 5/6 leo's anyway, if you practice more than 4 times a week. My daughter only practises 2 times a week. So the nylon one she has, will probably be given to a friend, who hasn't got one at all, and that we bought 2nd hand too.

Another leo manufacturer to check is tumblewear. Web site is www.tumblewear.com. I've gotten my daughter about 4 or 5 leos from them. They have a nice selection and what I like is the leos really hold up! She has several that are 1-1.5 yrs old and they still look new. She isn't too much of a leo "diva", but does like the metallic/shiny look with criss-cross back etc. The company is also great about doing returns for size or your child didn't like the leo. Scrunchies are included at no cost.

JB--she doesn't need any leos right now, but when the time comes, I'll be sure to check your store out also!

As JBS stated earlier we run Leotard Crazy and as far as sizing- it can be difficult online. MotionWear is a great brand that runs pretty true to size-
Sizes are as follows: CXS- 2-4; CSM 4-6; CI- 6X-7; CM-8-10; CL- 10-12; then they go into adult sizes. Alpha Factor tends to run bigger than other brands. Please let me know if you any questions on particular leotards.

My oldest DD, 10 years has kept all her comp leos, so she has all 4 of those all long sleeve. Her little sister, 7 years old, now wears them to gym. Then they each have 4 pairs of lycra shorts, two or three camisole tops and a large number of suits, maybe 10 each.:eek: I buy them at meets, on ebay, and from discountleotards.

Reading this list makes me think it a bit excessive, but at our gym it seems to be normal. Only the comp ones are pricey, $75 CAD. The others I have paid between $10 & $35 cad for.

When the girls outgrow the suits I sell them at our gym, so it doesn't end up costing a lot to buy new ones.:D

Thanks Audra,

I sooo wish I was in San Diego so I could check the store out in person:D lol... I am from Oceanside, so it makes it even more bittersweet... if you ever think of it or get a chance, maybe you could hold up a GK sc to a motionwear leo?? just to get an idea of a comparison... I still don't get the whole measuring thing - and I hate to buy and then have to send back because of size...

I've also found leos. fit differently depending on the style. My daughter has broad shoulders. She is 10 and now in a plain tank style has to go to the 10-12 size, but in a leo that has a cris-cross back or other low back style, she can still wear an 8-10.

All of our "official" team stuff(warmups and meet/warm up leo) are GK. The comp leo was $80 and warm ups were $140. Weird that the warm up leo which is a tank style was $80 also. That is 2 yrs. old now and the teams are supposed to be getting new ones---different color/style. The reason for the GK connection is one of the gym owners is now a GK rep/distributor.

Our warmups were $140 and our leos were like $90 I think. Gymbabi has about 7 or 8 leos that she wears right now, aside from the competition one. At our gym, we have a little pro shop area where we sell new and used leos. It's good 'cause you can sell your used leos for $10 to $20 depending on wear and style. Then you can buy more NEW leos...lol I just can't help myself at meets when I see bargain priced leos, they call my name and make me buy em. And one of GYmbabis favorite leos came from a $10 rack.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back