WAG How many meets are on your schedule?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

We got our meet schedule for levels 7-10 and there are 11 meets!! This includes state meet, but not Regionals, etc... 6 of these are in state...2-4 hrs away & 5 are out of state 4-6 hrs. 2 of these meets are early meets in November, which I know no one will be at!! Anyone else think this is too much? I would prefer 6-7! I'm just wondering how this compares to other gyms.

we have 7-8, not including regional. This year it is basically every other week, which I prefer. Back to back weekends are exhausting. Preseason meets can be good in giving them a sense of how their routines will be judged but too early can be daunting if routines are not perfected yet.

We have about 8 meets on our schedule. Not every meet is for every level though. I think most will end up doing 5-6 meets. Since we are in way South Florida, all are in state. Just to drive out of FL takes at least 6 hours.

Level 3 = 4 meets
Level 4 = 8 meets
Optionals = 7 meets not including regionals or nationals

2 out of state
2 over nighters b/c they are 4+ hours away
3 in town (ish)

We are doing 7 meets not including Regionals/Nationals. 3 are outof state (1 requiring air transportation) 4 are in state and range from 2-5 hours away.

The first meet is in early December and is more of a pre season meet. The rest are spaced at 2 per month or about every other weekend.

We are keeping our fingers crossed that my DD will be ready to compete by December. She broke 4 bones in her hand and is currently in a cast. :(

4 + state/regionals/nationals

None of the 4 are more than 75 or so miles away. State can be 1-5 hours away, depending on whose turn it is to host.

9 meets, not including states. The meets for L4 are all in state (all within a 1-2 hour drive), except one, which is about a 3 hour drive south. Not too bad, but that seems like a whole lot of meets (and money!)

Yikes! 11 meets! Our compulsories do 5 plus states in the fall(and home meet in spring). Optionals do 6 or 7 in winter/spring(depending on level) plus states, reg etc. Those numbers are pretty standard in our area.

We got our meet schedule for levels 7-10 and there are 11 meets!! This includes state meet, but not Regionals, etc... 6 of these are in state...2-4 hrs away & 5 are out of state 4-6 hrs. 2 of these meets are early meets in November, which I know no one will be at!! Anyone else think this is too much? I would prefer 6-7! I'm just wondering how this compares to other gyms.

Yikes! I guess I'll stop complaining about our 8 meets then (well, 9 with States), all but one of them in-state. It wouldn't be so bad if they were spaced better. Every-other week would be OK. It's looking ahead to the time when we have 5 meets in 6 weeks that really makes me want to hide under my bed.

Not sure yet, as the Coaches haven't had their State Meeting yet. (Sept. 14th). They will get the list of meets there and then post which meets the gym is attending. Last year they (L4-L10) did 7 meets..counting State.
Last year they did...2 out of State (TN, LA). 2 Over nighters within state. 2 within sameday driving distance (One being State). And our Host Meet..which is the meet they ALWAYS kick the competition season off with..which is normally the second weekend in Dec.

This year we have 10 meets on our tentative meet schedule (Jan-May). One out of country, 3 out of city (max 4 hrs away), rest in city or in surrounding smaller cities. However, our gym only requires us to do 3 meets a year, you can do more but it isn't required, it's nice because it lets you choose where and when you want to have meets and how much time you have between each.

Our level 6's currently have 5 meets plus states. I'm guessing we might pick up one more invitational. It feels like about the right amount to me. We have one per month from Nov-March and then I think states is in April.

Our level 7s-10s have 7 regular meets, State, Regionals and Nationals (hopefully!).
Not positive what the 5s & 6s have--definitely 3 qualifiers, I think 2 invitationals in the fall, then State, and two invitationals in Jan & Feb--so 8 including State? Our level 4s only do 2 or 3 meets. We don't have a level 3 team as our state doesn't have competitions for level 3s (will next year with the changes though)

Is that in Canada? We don't even have that many to choose from in our neck of the woods!

At best 2 in the city/province and 1/2 out of Province then Westerns or Nationals depending on your level...I think.

This year we have 10 meets on our tentative meet schedule (Jan-May). One out of country, 3 out of city (max 4 hrs away), rest in city or in surrounding smaller cities. However, our gym only requires us to do 3 meets a year, you can do more but it isn't required, it's nice because it lets you choose where and when you want to have meets and how much time you have between each.

Is that in Canada? We don't even have that many to choose from in our neck of the woods!

At best 2 in the city/province and 1/2 out of Province then Westerns or Nationals depending on your level...I think.

Same here. In Quebec provincial/national and regional girls do three qualifiers, with the same clubs at each meet. The there is a sectional for the top x number of girls in each level and the Provincials for the top x umber from that.P3 and up can qualify to Easterns and national level can go to nationals.

The average gymnast does 3-5 meets a year from Nov to May.

This year we are cheering, so I see five comps on the schedule between Feb and May.

Yep in Canada, I'm surprised that there aren't more in Ontario since its such a big province. There are probably about at least 5 more in the province that our gym just isn't going to. It's generally the same clubs as each meet, except provincials and zones there are more clubs from the other part of the province and the clubs from smaller towns. I live in a big city though and there are lots of clubs in the city and surrounding areas, most of which hold a meet, plus ones from other cities that are a few hours away. All meets are in province with the exception of one out of country one every few years. We also only have one meet to qualify to provincials (up to P3, P4+ just go) and you get the chance for westerns till P5. Most girls here do about 6 meets but some do 3 others do 10 based on preference. And from what I understand most of the clubs here are smaller than the average Ontario club, lots of small clubs.

We have 8 meets plus state for level 4-6 and 10 plus state, regionals and nationals but you don't have to go to all of them. Living in Idaho, they are all a long drive (min of 4 hours). 4-6 can go to one air travel meet Lady Luck and then two in Utah and the rest are in Idaho mostly Boise.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back