WAG How many meets are on your schedule?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

We have 9 not including sectionals, states or regionals. Also my DD does HS gymnastics and we won't know those meets until end of November so I'm expecting another 8 or so meets not including the HS states or Regionals.

At DD's gym, the compulsories have 9 meets including state and the optionals have about the same number, not including regionals or nationals. I think the longest trip will be around 4 1/2 hours (last meet of the season).

Do compulsories have regional and national competitions too, or is that just optional's?

Up through level 7, you can only go as far as "States." Level 8 you can go progress from States to Regionals (how you qualify for regionals differs depending on your region). Level 9 you can progress from States to Regionals to either Eastern or Western Nationals (do I have this right?), and at level 10 you can go all the way to Nationals.

I am just going to add that in Region 8 they include level 7's in regionals.

To qualify difers from region to region. I can speak for my state in region 8(because the number of girls who qualify varies from state to state in R8) to qualify for L7 and 8 regionals its the top 16-20 girls in all age groups combined. (not a certain score) Top 8 make the State team and the others are All Stars.

L9 and 10 it's a 34AA

I have 3 girls on the team and in total they will be going to 11 meets. However, my youngest only has 6 and my older two girls have 8. We are just really "lucky" to have a kid in 11 out of the 12 meets that our gym is going to.

Our level 4 - 6 girls have 4 qualifiers, Judges cup, district championships, then States from August - November.

10 meets is BLEEPING ridiculous.

I see why some gyms and parents want to compete every weekend and rack up medals and ribbons and go to meets.

I like to set them up every other weekend. Sometimes back to back weekends early in the season or if need to get a kid to qualify a score but never 3 in a row.

Sometimes back to back early in the season and then with 2 weekends free to be polishing errors in the routine.

The idea is to not be burnt out by States and Regionals, etc.

OTOH, it does make for a lot of meet pay. Yippee!

WOW! 11 meets?! My girls did 11 when they were L4, including fun meets. Now I have a L9. She will likely do 7 plus States and hopefully regionals. Most are within 45min. Some up to two hours. None as of yet out of State but may have one 2 hours away.
Good luck and have a great season.

My level 5 is doing 6 meets plus state and my level 9 is doing 5 plus state, hopefully regionals, and possibly (fingers crossed) nationals!!!

Just got the schedule and looks like 7 meets with one of them in Texas @ the Alamo classic so I'll be needing some guidance from my Cb friends on where to stay lol. I couldn't imagine 11 meets! Hoping for a terrific meet season for all the gymmies :)

Level 7 does 10 meets not including states... 7 in state but New York is a big state. The farthest being a 8 hr drive. 2 out of state.Jersey and Massachusetts.. And a bit farther Puerto Rico in Feb...

Level 7 does 10 meets not including states... 7 in state but New York is a big state. The farthest being a 8 hr drive. 2 out of state.Jersey and Massachusetts.. And a bit farther Puerto Rico in Feb...

Wow! That's worse than mine- I will stop whining now! Ha!

Our full schedule is not out yet, but we heard it will be 10-12 meets including States. We do not have to go to all of the meets though.

Yikes it will be a long season!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back