Parents How many meets do you have in a seaosn?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

How many meets do you have this season . . .

• under 6

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • 7 - 11

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • 12 - 15

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • 15 +

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
We will do 5 regular season meets plus states. There is always the outside shot at regionals, but not holding my breath. I think alot depends on where you are in the country---some states have longer meet seasons than others and compulsory girls tend to do a few more.

We had 2 in december: a local meet (just our team) & a regular meet.
In Feb we had the team cup.
2 in May: individual event and States
Nationals in June (should you qualify at States)

One of the gyms I was talking to said they average 1 a month and the number of meets would depend on when that levels season start . . . some start Oct, some Nov etc.

Just wondering what the norm was. Just seems like the girls lose momentum with the long breaks between meets.

Thanks for all your responses!

We do 5 regular season and then States. I like this format because it averages out to one meet a month starting in January and ending in May.

Old gym did 10-11 including states. We actually had 3 in a row last year - wouldn't recommend it. DD hated it.

This year we have 6 plus states. Much better. And not even 2 in a row this year! New coach says she won't do 2 in a row, which is good. All local, no travel, yeah. Although it was fun last year - we went to FL - I'd rather just go to FL for vacation. May change at optional level, but then it would be maybe 1 meet that was regional. I don't know how some afford all this travel!

we did 9 'regular season' meets this year. State makes 10.. then the outside chance at regions would make 11.. Our 9's & 10's could qualify for Nationals to make it 12 total...

We have the opportunity to do 3 Qualifiers, then if qualified, Ontario Cup, and if top 24 at that meet, Provincials.

This year Rayna's eligible for Easterns, but only if she makes top 24 at O cup, then top 4 at Provincials.

Right now, we'll only concentrate on having fun at Ontario Cup! 12 day countdown!!!

We just do 3 and then we have state in May. I wish we did a few more though, last week when dd was sick she was in a panic, she knew she had to compete her 3 in order to go to state. It would be nice to have a little padding there. DD loves competing, she would do it every week-end if she had her way.

wow, 12 meets, thats alot of meet fees and coaches fees!!

Compulsories do 2 seasons here, Fall is Sept-Nov and Spring, Jan-March. Her gym has them do about 5 each season, so 10 during the meet season from Sept-March, if you qualify for states in Fall, you get one more.

My daughter did 5 this season. State in two weeks with regionals (hopefully )to follow soon after! In May we always do one extra for fun, just to close out the season after all the state and regionals. Doesn't count toward anything, just a meet to have fun and "try some stuff".

This year we did 6 regular meets plus one more for state, so a total of 7. The last couple years it was a total of 8. Not sure why they decided to take away one this year.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back