Parents How many meets does your gym do before states?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

tarheel618

Proud Parent
So just curious of how many meets your gymnasts competes in before states? We generally do 4-5 which in my mind is a low number?

I tried to edit but time had past. I guess I am wondering if this is about average for gymnastics when we first came in to this sport it seemed low compared to other sports but I think that is because this sport is really hard on the body.

Well, this year it's going to depend on which state meet our girls attend. LOL! Last year our girls did 6 plus a Judges Cup.

We have did 6 before State meet both years my DD has competed.

Her gym typically has them compete at 1 meet per Month, starting in November. Then the State meet is usually in May.

Girls' compulsories do about 5-6, all state qualifiers.
Girls' optionals do about 5-6, usually 2-3 state qualifiers and the rest out of state.
The boys do around 5, but usually only 2 are qualifiers for the L6+ guys and 3 are qualifiers for the 4s and 5s.

Our compulsory girls did 3 invitational and 2 sectionals before states (except level 3 who generally don't go to states.)

In year's past, compulsories and optionsals would do 6-7. As of last season, our state moved up level 4-5 states to be uch earlier in the season. So, last year, levels 4 and 5 did only 5 meets before states (and one was optional it was over Christmas through New Year's break from school.

Depends on their level. Last season, L3 only did a few, maybe 3 or 4? L4/5 did 6 or 7. No clue how many the optional girls do...

We had 7 local (within driving distance) meets and 1 flyaway meet that was optional as well as our Mock meet that was a sanctioned meet also. This was all levels.

We do 5 or 6 then states all local within a 3 he drive. Once they go to optionals they do about 6 or 7 all out of state

Our girls compulsory season Is Sept to Nov. Our gym does 4 meets prior to states.

Our boys season Is Jan to March. The boys team is pretty new. This year we did 4 meets prior to states (State meet is pretty early in March.)

I prefer 4-5. Roughly one every 2 weeks with maybe a couple back to back.

My DD did one. The rest of the team did three. The gym we are considering for next year does 5-6. Another we are considering does 3. The USIGC team at current gym does about 10.

Compared to what everyone else seems to do, our's are very spread out. One sometimes two a month from September to May. Is it a regional thing? From what I know we can start competing in August, but regardless states are in May. I hear of some people saying there are two "seasons"... Maybe fall and spring?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back