how many squats and pushups can u do?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

i can usually do like, 75 or 100 pushups if they are wide armed? and probably 50 to 75 narrow arm. it depends if its a good day lol. it's all because of the rope climbs that we do ): i can probably do 100 squats, but i'm not quite sure what you mean by "squats".

pushups

there are many different ways to do pushups, eg palms different ways ,on knuckles,wide arm normal , the way i was shown is do ten normal pushups touching nose to floor on number 10 go down a quarter and count to 10 and start normal 10 again without rest and you will find out about pain ,bloodvessels stuck out lactic acid kicking in ,do above exercise 3 times after a gymnastic session then you will now about sweat, no pain no gain i say

I think I hit something like 229 or 250 non weighted standing squats ( air squats ) a month or so ago.

I can do 25 single leg squats, but I'm sure if I pushed myself I could do 35-50. I hate doing that many reps, it's pretty pointless and aggravating but kinda fun to do once.

I think I hit something like 229 or 250 non weighted standing squats ( air squats ) a month or so ago.

I can do 25 single leg squats, but I'm sure if I pushed myself I could do 35-50. I hate doing that many reps, it's pretty pointless and aggravating but kinda fun to do once.

My boyfriend wants me to tell you wow from him. We were doing a workout I made up after our run, and I had 3 sets of 10 one legged squats each leg in it...he could do like 2 on each leg, maybe 3, so he thinks you're awesome.

One of the CrossFit Level 4 standards by the first CF affiliate is to be able to do 25 Single Leg Squats. It's pretty annoying and just about makes your leg dead from just standing between reps. I'm pretty sure I never want to try it again. In one of the workouts "Mary", there are 10 SLS per round, as many rounds as possible in 20 minutes.

Last time I tried I was working weighted Single Leg Squats I was approaching an additional 1/2 of my BW (165ish). I can back squat 2x my BW. I had to stand on one leg in between reps probably after rep 15 so it was definitely into the endurance phase which means it's somewhat a matter of will to keep on going as my leg didn't buckle out from under me.

I first started doing SLS about 1/2 a lifetime ago, so even if I haven't done them too frequently, I've done them here and there so I can be pretty efficient at the movement.

Once the balance and flexibility criteria of the SLS are met, it's only a matter of strength and neuromuscular efficiency. Basically practice them a lot. We do them in our WU and sometimes for conditioning.

As for pushups, the last time I tested for one minute was 72 last October. I don't have a lot of endurance in pushups because I rarely if ever do them in lots of reps. I hate to do them in sets over 10 really typically.

So you're really into Cross Fit? Our strength teacher is too. He was always telling us about the different workouts and about the website and everything.

I'm into CF somewhat. I love the feeling of grueling workouts and pain because it harkens me to my former athletic training before gymnastics for wrestling and polevault/sprint/contact fighting/PT where grueling intensity was the name of the game. Good for the spirit.

It's given me the opportunity to learn a lot about nutrition, health, and the body regarding fitness, strength and power training and metcon and meet interesting people online and in person.

However, I'm not sure I would advocate it for a gymnast, be it MAG or WAG.

I do find it enjoyable.

Just curious. Like I said, my strength teacher was really into it; we had an ABC schedule at school so I'd only have each class 3 times a week, but every third week, we'd have it 4. So we lifted our program from 3 days, then do something cross fit based on the fourth day.

Then this kid did his senior English project on exercise, and decided focusing on CF for the final presentation.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back