WAG How much have your gymnasts learned?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I have a group of 8 level 4s this yer. 4 competed 4 last year and 4 competed 5 last year. So far they've only learned to right before the leap on beam. None on floor. We have a long way to go!

Our Level 4s have learned all of the beam and floor routines. Seems like about half of them know the routines pretty well and the other half need more time. Some of them have done the floor routine along with the music a few times. First meet is in December.

Our first meet will be in December too. We'd better get going. But I haven't learned them yet either so I'm at the mercy of the program director who isn't always available.

Our girls have learned all of their beam routines and all of their floor routine. Some of them can do it with music but its needs some work. Our first meet is in October so we need to be speeding things a long!

Haven't taught anything yet. Waiting it out a little to see the common pitfalls and avoid any mistakes. We don't start competing for awhile anyway.

Our compulsories have learned pieces/parts, but I haven't seen them do floor to music yet or put together a full beam routine. We don't start to compete until December though, so it's still a bit early.

Our girls have started learning both beam and floor. Not to music yet. Lots of Oh my! That is complicated coming from the gymnasts both those learning and those watching!

I was watching out L4s and L5s work on their floor routines this past week. Man, that L4 routine is wicked fast! The beam routines are really growing on me although at first I didn't care for them.

Our optionals are learning beam mounts and dismounts but not the guts of their routines yet. Also about a third have floor routines.

We don't compete until November/December so we still have lots of time for the girls to get their routines polished.

We have our first meet the first weekend of November. We held "Team Camp" Last week and the week before to learn routines, where each level was given 2 hours on 2 days each week with an extra 2 hours for anyone who chose to come the first Friday.
Our compulsories (L3 and L4/5) got the basics of their routines... and this week, it is about "naming" the skills so they remember them... on L3 beam I know there is "Zombie," "Barbie," "Pop," "Push pop," and "Around the World" to name a few.

Our Optionals were SUPPOSED to come to the first day with floor music chosen, but about half did not have ANY music picked out and some of them had it on their ipads or iphones, but it wasnt the right length. I am still converting some music to CDs and one or two still need to pick music. All of our Optionals have their bars and beam figured out... it is just floor, but some have their entire floor (except tumbling).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back