How Much is to much[stretching]?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

F

FutureNadia1234

Everynight I stretch and then sit in my splits for as long as I can without it hurting to much which is about 30 minutes.Everynow and then it will really hurt[not in a stretch kind of way though] so I dont know if Im sitting in my splits to long or if its just my legs.

So my question is,is how much is to much?

I have heard PT's say that 2-3 minutes is the max you can sit in a stretch & receive an benefit. There are so many other stretches you can do- pike stretches, shoulder stretches, etc. I doubt you are getting any benefit form sitting in your splits so long- just pain!

I would suggest maybe shortening your time, add some different stretches, and try to do it 2x a day, rahter than just one long spell.

Last edited:
I have heard PT's say that 2-3 minutes is the max you can sit in a stretch & receive an benefit. There are so many other stretches you can do- pike stretches, shoulder stretches, etc. I doubt you are getting any benefit form sitting in your splits so long- just pain!

I would suggest maybe shortening your time, add some different stretches, and try to do it 2x a day, rahter than just one long spell.

I do a lot of other stretches before I sit in my splits.I stretch out my whole body before I do my splits.If I dont stretch a lot before I cant go down all the way or do oversplits

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back