Parents How old are each of your kids in Gymnastics

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Thanks all who wished my dd a Happy Birthday this past Monday. As I had mentioned she will be competing this Sunday. It is a home meet for our girls. I am the meet director and am basically going crazy to make sure everything is ready to go. I know that she is ready to go and this is all that really matters.

I have been here off and on because I don't have a ton of time, but hopefully after Sunday, I will be here more often.

Granny ~ Good luck to you and your girls this weekend. What meet is it? I see you're on the east coast, as am I, so I was just wondering.

My dd started taking gymnastics when she was 2. She actually started in a satelite program that our gym does at daycares and schools. Well, even at that age, she showed amazing strength, so they said. So, they recommended she take a class at the gym. So we signed her up and she's moved up progressively ever since. She is now 6 (August 15th) and will be a competing Level 4 this fall.

I wish all of our little gymnasts the best of luck this upcoming season! :)

My DD's are 8 and 11. My 8 year old started on level 4 when she was 6 and is now level 5 and my 11 year old started last year at level 4 and is doing her second year at it.

My Kaileah was a late starter. She started when was 8, in Jan. 2006. However, she has moved up very quickly................she is now 10 and she is level 5 and struggling with her kip. She loves it. She is a little thing.............47" and 44#.

Age and level

My DD started recreational gymnastics when she was seven and a half. She is now 11 and is entering level eight. She just competed in the TOPs National competition at Karolyi's camp and qualified for the TOPs B training team. Although she is entering level eight, she had to learn level Ten skills for this competition. We are planning to do Hopes pre-elite competition next year.

I have 2 DDs, the 5 year old (turned 5 in July) started gymnastics right after she turned 4. She did recreational/pre-school classes until this October when we finally moved to a different gym that actually saw her love for gymnastics and potential. She has totally blossomed since then. :D

The 1 year old loves to copy her sister, but I am praying she doesn't like gymnastics. LOL. Though I can see how it would be easier if they liked the same thing so we don't have to be 2 places at the same time.

I have two dd's in gymnastics. My oldest is 12 and has been in gymnastics for 10 1/2 years. She competed level 6 last year and may be repeating it again this year. We don't know until we get closer to competing in December. Then she may compete the first meet and move up. We get very little information until they feel we need to know. My youngest is 8 almost nine, and she does rec level 2, and plays basketball and softball. Both girls are very athletic and I try to support their interests. Luckily, most of the dates don't conflict. Nice to meet you all!

My dd started in March of 2004 in a rec class. She was 5. She turned 6 that August and got moved to pre-team in October. She then moved to team the first day of August 2005 and turned 7, eleven days later. She competed Level 4 that year(2005-2006) and won beam at state. Moved to Level 5(2006-2007) and won beam at state! Right after state she competed Prep-Op 2, went on to Optional States in March(2007) and won 2nd AA. She will compete(hopefully, if her knee gets better) Prep-Op 2 again this year. We are hoping that by States in April she will be competing Level 7 and she just turned 9 in August.

My second kiddo, my dd is 6 and on an invite only class. They basically work on the same things as the pre-team, but she will have to try out for the team this summer. My other dd does gymnastics too. She is 3 1/2 and started classes this fall. She is amazingly strong but has no flexibility. She of courswe wants to follow big sis's foot steps. Little ds and dd are 20 months old and who knows what they want to do. They can already both do forward rolls and both try to walk their feet up the wall to do handstands. I think that they are trying to keep up with the big sis's.

I have a 8 year old level 4/5. She is competing 4 until December, and 5 from January until Spring state. She started gymnastics 1 year ago.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back