Parents How old are each of your kids in Gymnastics

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Monkeygirlsmom

Proud Parent
and how old were they when they started??

mine are 5years old she started at 2!! dd who is 7 started when she was 3!

They are doing great in the sport and enjoy it!!! we do not compete yet!tho my youngest would love to!!

and how old were they when they started??

mine are 5years old she started at 2!! dd who is 7 started when she was 3!

They are doing great in the sport and enjoy it!!! we do not compete yet!tho my youngest would love to!!

My DD turned 7 in July, she started gymnastics in March 2006 in a pre-school 5yr old class and was moved to the pre-team in June. She is currently level 3 and will compete in two meets in Nov as level 3 and 2 meets in Feb as level 3. If she enjoys it she will move to the Level 4 team in June after the recital. Our gym does a recital every June which the kids love.

My son will be 11 next month. He has been taking for a year and a half as well. Loves it. Our gym does not have a boys team yet but they are working on it. When he started she had one boys class and no intention of a boys team. Now there are 3 boys classes and she is in the process of getting more boys equipment.

My dd is 7 and is a level 4 she started at 3. My ds is 5 and does all ability and he started at 3.

My DD is 6 and has been in gym for 1 yr next week. She made the level 4 team in July. She really loves it!

Emily started right after she turned 5, she has a mid August birthday. She will be a second year level 4 this year and she just turned 8 in mid August. October starts her 2nd year of competition.

Madi started right after her 5th birthday in the 3-5 tumblebugs class this past June and she moved to the invite only advanced tumblebugs class in mid august and she is progressing rapidly there now and I see her moving up to mini-team 1 within a couple of months.

I have four kids but only one gymnast, thank goodness;)! She started when she was 7 that May, then competed level 4 that Sept. and now she is 10 and competing level 9 in Dec. I don't know how you mom's take it with multiple kids.

My dd is 8, first yr level 5. She has been competing

as an advanced rec-op gymnast for 2 seasons before this. So this is her first year in levels, she has many of the level 7-8 skills, but has to work out some form issues she learned before.

Today is dd's 11th birthday. She started the sport when she was 4. She will be competing Level 7 this Fall. Her first meet will be next Sunday - 9/23.

Good luck to all!

Today is dd's 11th birthday. She started the sport when she was 4. She will be competing Level 7 this Fall. Her first meet will be next Sunday - 9/23.

Good luck to all!

Granny! Happy Happy Birthday to your daughter!:veryhappy: & lots of luck to her for her 1st L7 meet - can't wait to hear all about it.

I have 3 kids, my youngest is our only daughter :princess: & our only gymmie. She just turned 6 on Sep 12th - born the day after the 9/11 attacks 3 weeks early, but not a minute too soon, she is our little sweetie:D. She started club gymnastics about 10 months ago, and is not old enough yet to compete L5 but has the majority of her L5 & also some L6 skills... she is very excited to watch all of her team mates that will be competing this year, and will root them on - but is sooo looking forward to having her day in front of the judges. She can't compete until she reaches her 7th b-day. Prior to joining team, she was involved in rec gymnastics & started her 1st mommy and me class when she was just under the age of 2:p

I have three lovely little Bogwoppits :D

My son is 15 and really not into sports, he will ski, skate and snowboard, bounce on the trampoline and ride his bike. He is really into computers and is working on being a game designer, oh this brave new world they live in!

Oldest DD is 11, she started gym when she was 3, she only did one hour a week until she was 6 and then we let her do more, she began competing at 7. She has been injured for over a year now and has been struggling to maintain her skills as she cannot vault or tumble. Her first comp is Dec 1st, she may just do beam and bars, fotunately they are the things she loves the most.

Youngest DD is 8, she also started when she was 3 and has pretty much followed the same path as her sister. She competed in pre team comps last year and did well, loved it too. Her first comp will be in February, so she has lots of time to get ready. She is getting a new beam and floor routine, so she is eagerly awaiting the day when they get to pick music!!! Last year was Winnie the Pooh, she thought that sucked!:p But it was cute...

3 minnows

Oldest ds is 16 and not into physical sports (we tried soccer and it was painful to watch, :eek: he pulled himself out after the 1st season was over, thankfully!). He now does paintball with his friends, keeps him grounded and out of trouble with other teens who have no focus. He's an engineer at heart.

Second son is 13.5 and does boys gymnastics. He did soccer for many years before burning out and turning 100% to gymnastics. We are close to starting a competitive boys team with a new boys coach. We're holding our breaths, ds has waited several years along with his parents! ;)

DD and only dd did tap at age 5 (hated it), 2 seasons of soccer and then at the age of 7 started rec gymnastics. She is now almost 12 and a level 6 almost 7 when she can do her fly away. She has all other 6 skills and lots of 7's, is afraid to release and rotate...it will come when she's ready! :cutie:

I have 2 girls. The oldest is 16 and yes has her license and a used vehicle. She tried some rec gymnastics, but not for her. Primarily has spent her athletic time in figure skating---all that on hold now for marching band. The band has been state champs for 2 yrs---pretty intense program. She works part-time at the rink, is in the Japan club at school and starting to look at colleges. Big Gulp!

The 11 yo did gym in the 1 hour rec classes from age 2-7. Then at our former gym they said she needs to be in the pre-team program and she competed L5 at age 9. She is now a definite L7 with a possibility of doing some L8 during the season depending on how her confidence recovers from our previous gym. When I say definite L7, that is what she keeps saying because former coach kept threatening to put her back to L6 if she wouldn't do her BHS series on beam(that gym had no L7). She did a few little skating competitions and declared the sport BORING. Dabbled a little in a couple of other sports, but gym was the one that "took."

thanks!!it think its fun tohear about the stories on how all the gymnasts got started etc!!! and seeing we have a bunch of diff age groups represented!!

Thanks all who wished my dd a Happy Birthday this past Monday. As I had mentioned she will be competing this Sunday. It is a home meet for our girls. I am the meet director and am basically going crazy to make sure everything is ready to go. I know that she is ready to go and this is all that really matters.

I have been here off and on because I don't have a ton of time, but hopefully after Sunday, I will be here more often.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back