How old were you when you first started Gymnastics?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

What age were you when you first started gymanstics?

• Total voters
My first year doing "real" gymnastics. And there are a lot of levels (8) before you go in Pre Competitve (where we learn kips, round off backhandspring, etc.) and I am in Pre Competitve, so I have done well for 6 months doing bars, beam, and vault and "real" floor for the first time!

I started with preteam stuff when I was about 5 or 6, stopped until I was 11, only did it for a few months, then started again a little over a year ago and I'm kind of all over the place with levels, bars is about a 3, floor is about 3(4 missing the bhs), beam is 5, and vault is 4, so probably closer to 3.5? lol.

Right after school ended when i was 7 i started gymnastics. At first i went to a noncompetitive gym and i did levels 1-4. Then i moved to a competitive gym for 2 weeks but then it closed so i moved again to another competitive gym where i was on pre-team for 2 days. Then i moved to team and did level 4 at 11. Then level 6 at 12 because i skipped level 5 and then i did level 7 right around my birthday so i was 13 for my 2-event meets and 14 for my real competitions (my birthday is the 9th of January). Now i'm training for level 8 but if i can get my kip cast handstand i might be able to skip, not likely though.

I started out dancing and did that from 5/6 to 6/7 then when I was 7 yrs old turning 8 I did drama/acting classes. Did drama to boost my confidence (was getting bullied at school). At the end of that yr I did gymnastics (artistic) for 6 weeks. Then quit that club to do tumbling. Did tumbling from ages: 8/9 & 9/10. I quit halfway through 10/11 I quit tumbling because we moved towns and started artistic. Trained in a rec group for 1 yr then competed at lvl 4 at age 11/12. Then moved gyms and started State gymnastics. Competed state 4 from age 12/13. And now I am training level 5/6 will be competing lvl 5 this yr but lots of my skills are lvl 6. So this yr LVL 5 will be age 13/14. then lvl 6 will be 14/15 thats unless I skip a level... but probably not so yeah. :)

Training level 7

I started when i was 2 and sadly only in level 7 now (i'm 11):p

This is my second year competitively (going into my third after this summer) and I started when I was 11. I'm now 13 and level 5-6. I love it!!!! :D:D:D

I started when i was about 12 or 13 and am now a 13 yr old and equivalent to level 3!! :D

I started 10 years old, as a level 1..... I did every level up until now, Im 11 in level 6! Going on 7.... I competed level 4, and almost to level 6 states (i skipped 5) Its amazing how far you can come it you truly try hard! Dosnt matter how old you are! :)

JUst banned 3 gymnasts, any idea why???

If you see someone is under 13 please let us know. They cannot be on the CB, legal issues that could cause us huge problems. You have to state you age to join, these underage kids know they are lying and this is not a place for them.

It is so hard to protect little kids as they do not seen to understand the dangers of the internet.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back