How tall are you?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

How tall are you?

• Total voters
im 5'2 but with really long legs so you can totally tell when they are bent lol. but they look gourgous when there staight thats wat my caoch says

i'm really tall, 5 foot 5. and i'm only 13. but I still do gymnastics anyway and I love it. my only problem is bars because the bars are too close so I keep bending my legs..:(

I am 14 (almost 15!!!!) and i am 5'4". I really hope I am done growing...what age do most people stop growing?? Because giants on bars will be a big challenge if I get any taller!

I'm 14 (will be 15 in April), and am about 4'11". I have growth hormone deficiency, though, so I have an excuse for being so short:):p

Last edited:
Ahhh!!!! No fair!!! I'm 13 and 4'9.... :(
I don't have a growth deficiency as far as I know, but it looks as if I'm leveling out on my height...
And the funny part is I use the big set of bars!

i'm really tall, 5 foot 5. and i'm only 13. but I still do gymnastics anyway and I love it. my only problem is bars because the bars are too close so I keep bending my legs..:(

I know how you feel :(
Every apparatus' my height isn't a problem but on bars when I transition from bottom to the top I practically don't even need to jump. My feet touch the bottom bar while my hands touch the top. So close I'm practically in front support lol

I'm currently 5'5, but in my gym days, I was about 5'2. I had a growth spurt, changed my center of gravity, and that seemed to be the end of my gym career, seeing as how my injury could actually be directly related to that change. :) boo for growing. However, my SO is only 5'4, so if and when we have little gym babies, they'll be nice and tiny and perfect for flipping (only if they want to, though)!

I'm 5'6. I hate it. The bars are always too low/too close together and everyone always likes to say "Wow you're super tall" it's like YEAH! I KNOW!!! :mad:

Also it's harder to keep my legs straight, and I got into a bad habit of doing roundoff back handsprings with my legs apart because it makes me feel shorter and less out of balance :/

I am 14 (almost 15!!!!) and i am 5'4". I really hope I am done growing...what age do most people stop growing?? Because giants on bars will be a big challenge if I get any taller!

I know EXSACTLY what you mean. Only i'm5'3. but i swear i grow for like a month, then shrink a little? lol. The thing i hate about being 5'3 isbars. because they only go out so far.. you know? and my bars are on the widest setting possible, and i can hit my lower calf, even when im like hollowed. :/

Im 5'9 which is a giant at the gym....everyone else at my gym is at least a head shorter than me haha
It makes me stand out which can be good if im having a good day :)

im 5'6.5'' and im 16. but i've been this height for a while. haha i was done growing when i was probably 14. i get my height from my dad's side of the family. he's six foot and thin but muscular and my grandmother was tall and thin. i have her exact figure! my coaches say i look like nastia haha :) i guess thats a compliment!

but what really gets on my nerves is having to raise the beam so i can have a eight inch mat under it for my landing and having to move the eight inch farther every time i do bars /: and people always ask me if im too tall to do gymnastics

I'm 5'4, have been since I was 10! But I like my height with bars(right now) because when going from low to high bar, since I don't really have to jump, it takes out a lot of fear of the transition :)

I just turned 14 on the 9th and I'm 5'1". Anyone at my gym either has the bars all the way out (like me) or has the bars on F (fig).

The only problem have is with giants, im scared of hitting my toes on the low bar (though i hardly ever do), I'm really bad at hollowing my body.

14-almost-15; 5' 2". I HATE being tall on bars. My jump to the high bar is ugly fugly, and I don't know if I just have to focus to jump correctly or if it really is a height thing. When I keep my legs straight, I jump more UP than OUT, which looks nicer but means I cannot do a good cast out of my long-hang kip. If I jump HARD, I get a pretty cast and an ugly jump. So right now I'm sticking with the ugly jump. It got me a 9.425 at State...

14-almost-15; 5' 2". I HATE being tall on bars. My jump to the high bar is ugly fugly, and I don't know if I just have to focus to jump correctly or if it really is a height thing. When I keep my legs straight, I jump more UP than OUT, which looks nicer but means I cannot do a good cast out of my long-hang kip. If I jump HARD, I get a pretty cast and an ugly jump. So right now I'm sticking with the ugly jump. It got me a 9.425 at State...

Haha I am 14 almost 15 too but I am 5'4 1/2 so don't complain :p

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back