How to find a T&T gym?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Pea'sMom

Proud Parent
So Pea is seriously thinking about exploring T&T. She's been battling fears on and off for the last two years and I think she's just mentally exhausted. She's expressed an interest but I have no idea how to find gyms in our area that offer this. I looked on the USAG site, but unless I'm missing it, I see no list of gyms. We are in NJ if that helps.

Best decision we made for our DD. Now, I can tell you, DD wasn't battling fears but she had lost "spark" and had started talking about trying other things. We set up times with an Acro team (that a bunch of former teammates had gone to) and I showed her that trampoline and tumbling was a "thing" and she freaked out. I'd ask what your daughter enjoys most about gymnastics or what her strengths are. I'll tell you DD has always been a strong tumbler and not the most flexible or graceful with dance. So T&T capitalizes on her strengths really well. She's having a blast. Now, we'd be up the creek if she didn't like her coach or the gym because it is the ONLY option in at least an hour and a half radius. I'd say give it a try. DD's artistic coach was very supportive so we were really lucky there too.

Thanks for all the help. Pea's real mental block surrounds the bars (stupid flyaway, all level 8 skills on bars, but won't let go!) But through battling this fear other skills and come, gone, come, gone...you get the idea. It's frustrated her coaches, all of which think she is talented. She was very excited to learn that T&T was 'a thing.' She is currently trying out the USAIGC team at her gym to see if that is maybe a better fit. That coach is very familiar with girls moving over to him with fear issues, and in talking to him seems to have a very solid straight forward plan to help.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, I'll see which way Pea wants to go...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back