How to get splits dwn and FAST

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ok- heres the thing- i need to have all three splits dwn by friday which gives me 4 days. i barely have my good l;eg down and i hve never had my right or straddle. if i dont have them all down i will have to stretch in between each turn which wud make sense if it was longer than a minute. WHAT CAN I DO TO GET THEM DOWN IN 4 DAYS- ESPECIALLY THE ONES IVE NEVER HAD DWN????? these r my stralle and left leg. does anyone have any tips? i stretch whenever i can:confused::gloomy::cryingeyesout::bawling::melodramatic::muted::worried::weepy::sigh::no:it is unfortinately, not relaistic

Hi, you could stretch daily, but do not push yourself too fast- you could pull a muscle. Good luck, but I would look for improvement in 4 days, not full splits.

yea i kno- its gonna relli stink going into a split after every turn:mad:

Yes--it may stink, but THAT is what will help you get the splits all the way down. It takes time to develop that kind of flexibility. And practice, practice, practice!!! Sorry--there just isn't an easy and quick way to flexibility.

Yeah, try your hardest to improve as much as u can. But don't hurt urself. That seems like an unrealistic request from ur coach.

My dd used to do her splits while watching a favorite tv show. She would do each leg and middle for 10 minutes each. The show would distract her so she wasn't thinking about how much she hated doing splits. It really helped a lot - but unfortunately it took more than 4 days

Well i do a workout befor bed in my room i do sit ups on my backe and on my stomice and then right after i am done i do all the splits for 2 minits that way your geting them down littl by litll srry i do not know how sooner it is one of those littl by littl things lol :eek:

That does seem unrealstic from your coach. Just work on them and they'll come to you. Try and do the splits and stretching when your watching a movie, reading a book, or anything like that. All the greats do. ;)

My dd used to do her splits while watching a favorite tv show. She would do each leg and middle for 10 minutes each. The show would distract her so she wasn't thinking about how much she hated doing splits. It really helped a lot - but unfortunately it took more than 4 days
yea i m about 2 do homework and im am gonna wrk my straddle while doing it

I can't give you much advice, accept try holding oversplits for a min or so then go straight into splits as far as you can (arms up if you can). I also heard you are more flexible after a hot shower/bath because your muscles aren't as tight...so you could try stretching after that.

You will get them soon (especially your good leg!), just give it time. and you seem very determined!! which should help ;)
=) good luck!

I can't give you much advice, accept try holding oversplits for a min or so then go straight into splits as far as you can (arms up if you can). I also heard you are more flexible after a hot shower/bath because your muscles aren't as tight...so you could try stretching after that.

You will get them soon (especially your good leg!), just give it time. and you seem very determined!! which should help ;)
=) good luck!
i already have my good leg dwn but its still very very tight lol well 2ight i may take a bath and stretch after ....... :rolleyes: and yes im very determined. i may actually b able to do it..... ive been stretching my hips since i got home and my straddle and left leg are already soooo much better.... especially my straddle! thnx evryone. i cant get the thank u button to work.....:confused:

My ds was actually able to improve his splits dramatically after doing a couple intense stretching sessions. He did each side and middle in oversplit for three ten minute holds-- working one side at a time. So he started with right side, held the oversplit for ten minutes, shook it out for a few minutes and then did another ten minute hold and repeated. If you're willing to do this, over an 1 1/2 stretching at time, it might work. Like I said, it really seemed to make a dramatic difference for my ds.

I actually give credit for having my right leg down to my jazz class at school. We did a stretch that helped a ton! We'd go to the barre and slide into our split facing it, but you have to hang on to the barre rather than pushing on the floor.

I'm sorry if that made no sense, but if it did I hope it helps! :D

I actually give credit for having my right leg down to my jazz class at school. We did a stretch that helped a ton! We'd go to the barre and slide into our split facing it, but you have to hang on to the barre rather than pushing on the floor.

I'm sorry if that made no sense, but if it did I hope it helps! :D
no, it makes perfect sense!!! :D we used to that at my gym only using the beams. when i left usag and i came back the decrese in how much we stretch was major at least for my lvel.........:confused:

As a coach, I never EVER tell a gymnast they cannot do something, mainly because I have been proved wrong so many times in the past!!

I once made the mistake of telling a gymnast she would never get her splits down, because she wasn't putting any effort into them - now her flexibility was dire, i mean it was truely awful, she wasnt close on any of her splits

She came in the next night with all of her splits flat, and they have been flat for about a year now.

I believe that if you want it enough, and you work at it as hard as you can, you could easily have your splits down in four days!!

Good luck :)!

Four days? Jeezo, I'd have told the coach where to go.

Anyway, try this for straddle:
Lie on your back with your legs straight up a wall. Go into a straddle, keeping your legs straight and keep your bum close to the wall.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back