Hyperextended knee

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

:(The other day I landed a rigby (for like the very first time))) but forgot to bend my knees...so yeah...as you can imagine I'm on crutches...anyway, I've got an appointment with another doctor on monday to find out whats wrond with it (the er docs didn't tell me anything except that its not broken)) and I'm absolutely terrified that its going to be something that takes me out of the gym for a long time...its my last year, and I absolutely love gym....has anyone else hyperextended their knees?? if so,, what was wrong with it, and how long were you out for?

Thanks

I hyperextended my knee about a year ago doing front layouts. I remember it hurt right away after, and I tried to walk it off, but after a few minutes I felt like I was going to pass out. (I didn't though) I went to the docter that night and they just told me to ice and rest it.. I think it hurt later that week, but it ended getting better. I wasn't put on crutches, so I don't think mine was as bad as yours. I hope you get better though!:)

I'm so sorry you got hurt!!

I hate to tell you this, but I was front tumbling and landed on a straight leg and it tore my ACL, MCL, and meniscus... I was out 6 months.

I don't know how badly you hurt your knee but I'm very glad you are getting someone to look at it. If they don't find anything and it still hurts, I suggest getting an MRI to just be on the safe side. It honestly could be nothing but it's good to make sure.

If you have any questions just feel free to ask. I am wondering though... Does it feel lose or unstable when you walk and how did it feel when you hurt it?

i cant really walk yet...I cant flex my foot that much..its really tight behind my knee and at the top of my calf...as far as i can tell, it just feels a little wobbly side to side, but i haven't really tested it...when I fell, it just felt like a crunch..but no popping sound ( my coach must have asked me that 15 times :)) but i can put some weight on it...and when i do, it hurts in the front and on the inside

Alright well stay off of it until you go to the doctors then. I hope it's nothing major. But just hope for the best. My teamate landed a her bar dismont (giant into like an arabian double front) just like you did with straight legs and it broke her leg. So I'm glad it's not broken, that is a good sign hopefully.

Are you visiting an Orthopedic doctor?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back