WAG I’m still confused about level 7

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Sorry for this potential dumb question, but is there a link anyone can send that shows me the level 7 vault for this year? And the specifications for the vault?

Sorry for this potential dumb question, but is there a link anyone can send that shows me the level 7 vault for this year? And the specifications for the vault?
All 3 options have the same basic set up
Yurchenko Timer

They can also do a Tsuk timer (Roundoff over the table and landing on the mat stack ... or a FHS up to the mat stack - Front-Front timer).
No deduction for stepping AWAY from the vault table or falling AWAY from the vault table. Only deduction after landing is going toward the table.

Here are the illustrations of the 3 options from the Code of Points.

Attachments

• B7755DA3-6721-417A-A534-1BB8B405FE92.jpeg
    B7755DA3-6721-417A-A534-1BB8B405FE92.jpeg
    173.5 KB · Views: 98
  • 6A5D6427-F4CC-4874-A023-E6321BB5373D.jpeg
    6A5D6427-F4CC-4874-A023-E6321BB5373D.jpeg
    177.1 KB · Views: 87
  • 8CB38CEE-44F3-41B0-BF79-B6DCE4977EF0.jpeg
    8CB38CEE-44F3-41B0-BF79-B6DCE4977EF0.jpeg
    176.2 KB · Views: 84
All 3 options have the same basic set up
Yurchenko Timer

They can also do a Tsuk timer (Roundoff over the table and landing on the mat stack ... or a FHS up to the mat stack - Front-Front timer).
No deduction for stepping AWAY from the vault table or falling AWAY from the vault table. Only deduction after landing is going toward the table.

Thanks! Do you know the specifications on how high the mats can be?
Here are the illustrations of the 3 options from the Code of Points.
Yesss!!!! Thank you so much! This is perfect. Do you know the specifications on how high the mat can be?

So to do the regular old front handspring vault is no longer an option at all for level 6 or 7?

So to do the regular old front handspring vault is no longer an option at all for level 6 or 7?

Right. My understanding is that the regular front handspring vault is no longer an option, although there is a front handspring entry timer....

Reactions: sce
Thanks! Do you know the specifications on how high the mats can be?

Yesss!!!! Thank you so much! This is perfect. Do you know the specifications on how high the mat can be?
I know there is a specification for how high the vault has to be (115 minimum-125 or 135, I forget) ... but not sure about the mats. We are just putting our L3 Vault Stack behind the table and going with that.

Reactions: sce
Right. My understanding is that the regular front handspring vault is no longer an option, although there is a front handspring entry timer....

That timer is not the same as a FHS vault from levels 4 and 5 though, it's for a front front and if you look at the illustrations the shape is completely different from a FHS the kids are used to. They need to arch onto the table and most kids are barely able to hit it with a straight body. Even a kid who scores well with a FHS might have trouble with that timer and get big form deductions.

@vbdb -- I saw that the body shapes were totally different! Interesting. Our gym is not training that vault at all.... just the other two options (with girls doing whichever entry -- yurchenko or tsuk -- works best for them). Only wanted to note that it was technically an option, in response to the FHS vault question. Should be a super interesting L6/L7 vault year!

I do think it may be a bit of a mess with judging for a while. I saw video of a gymmie we know doing the fhs tuner at a meet (I think it was a mock meet), and her shape was nothing at all like the illustration...it literally looked like a regular fhs vault onto mats. She scored an 8.9 so......

I do think it may be a bit of a mess with judging for a while. I saw video of a gymmie we know doing the fhs tuner at a meet (I think it was a mock meet), and her shape was nothing at all like the illustration...it literally looked like a regular fhs vault onto mats. She scored an 8.9 so......
There is no lack of arch deduction, that part of the technique is not required. It is mostly to show that a slight arch should not receive a deduction. They have changed the deduction in first flight and support phase from "arch up to 0.2" to "excessive arch up to 0.2".

There is no lack of arch deduction, that part of the technique is not required. It is mostly to show that a slight arch should not receive a deduction. They have changed the deduction in first flight and support phase from "arch up to 0.2" to "excessive arch up to 0.2".

Gotcha! I hadn’t paid a ton of attention to that vault bc no one at our gym is performing it and I just assumed it was supposed to look like the example.

That timer is not the same as a FHS vault from levels 4 and 5 though, it's for a front front and if you look at the illustrations the shape is completely different from a FHS the kids are used to. They need to arch onto the table and most kids are barely able to hit it with a straight body. Even a kid who scores well with a FHS might have trouble with that timer and get big form deductions.
Ah, ok. So the purpose of the front handspring timer is to prepare for a front front. I was wondering about that. My daughter had a pretty solid fhs vault for 4, but this front timer looks kind of awkward to me. Apparently, She’s trying all 3 options to see what she’s most comfortable with.

Ah, ok. So the purpose of the front handspring timer is to prepare for a front front. I was wondering about that. My daughter had a pretty solid fhs vault for 4, but this front timer looks kind of awkward to me. Apparently, She’s trying all 3 options to see what she’s most comfortable with.
Yes, it doesn't make sense though because a front front can't be competed until L9 and the tsuk and yurchenko starts at L8. What I've heard is that it's prep at least for kids to get more power off the board.

Yes, it doesn't make sense though because a front front can't be competed until L9 and the tsuk and yurchenko starts at L8. What I've heard is that it's prep at least for kids to get more power off the board.
I see. And the body position coming off the table would be different than the fhs vault anyways for that timer since it’s prepping for the front front, right? I hope she goes with one of the other two.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back