Parents I am a gym mom again

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I never forsaw this one coming, but my youngest at 20 years old is back in the gym. She is in Scotland doing a University exchange and her Uni has a great gym club. She has not done gym for almost 9 years, and her skills are coming back quite nicely.

She is now buying competition leo and planning her first comps.

Wow. You just never know.

Well I live in Canada.....meets are in the UK. Would take travel meet to a whole new level.
OH! I misread your post. I thought you meant that one met is where you live, not where you grew up. Yes, that's a long trek for a gym meet!

Fantastic! Good to hear the scots have got a gymnastics Uni program set up- there wasn't one when I was there so I trampolined instead. My uni city have built a fab facility since I was there.

I have to say though the Varsity comps in my day were more about who could make it through a routine after a serious nights drinking than any sort of performance achievement :eek:. It is scotland, have to stick with tradition!

Fantastic! Good to hear the scots have got a gymnastics Uni program set up- there wasn't one when I was there so I trampolined instead. My uni city have built a fab facility since I was there.

I have to say though the Varsity comps in my day were more about who could make it through a routine after a serious nights drinking than any sort of performance achievement :eek:. It is scotland, have to stick with tradition!

A big gym program now, even up to elite level it seems. She is aiming at a L5 US level really, which is Intermediate. Then there is a program called BUCS after that level it seems.

She has not competed since she was 11.

Luckily she is not a big drinker, the odd G&T is her thing.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back