Parents I am a sad sad sad parent

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I decided to organize DD's clothes today and pruge some things. I had a friend I promised to send a couple of leotards to for her DD's to start Gymnastics. Well We now have two drawers for leotards. Our drawer was so full it wasn't closing too well so we now have two. One for summer and one for winter. Well I decided to take a count of her leotards. We had 44 GK leotards. :confused::confused::confused: That wasn't counting the 11 pairs of shorts she has too. DH is going to kill me if he ever notices. I didn't realize she had accomulated that many over the past 3 years. Mind you she has only out grew two of them and the rest still fit. I have 3 that are in the next size so that is trying to help me justify all of this. How in the heck did I end up purchasing that many. She could train every day for almost a month and a half with out wearing the same one twice. :fryingpan:

Mind you some are long sleeve and some are velvet for the winter months. Plus she has a new one coming for exhabitions and I still have to get her competition one for this year. If I ever say I am shopping for leo's again some one shoot me.

:eek: I have TWO DD's so if I had to venture a guess, long sleeves, sleeveless, current size, outgrown sizes, waiting for small DD sizes, we probably have 1oo+ total. In competition leo's alone, we own 4 plus 2 are on order!

I did that the other day and she outgrew 12 and had 3 left. :eek:I have been selling them at gymnastics really cheap:cool: I ordered her a new one the other day because I have to make sure she has at least 5 for camp. It's almost like buying shoes:p

I like the shoe analogy. I can see how buying leos can get addicting. I think my dd maybe has about 15 total - if I have extra money - I go for the shoes myself :D

Oh my! I think my DD has about 8 leos, TOTAL! And that includes her 1 competition leo. Aiya! I think my poor DD is deprived!

Oh, that is too funny.

Each of my girls kept their favorites, and I've still been hauling around a big bag to sell off to any other team girl who wants more at a bargain price. Come fall, I'll be listing what's left in lots on ebay.

Not so many GKs for us, though. Their leg openings are too big and floppy. We're an Alpha Factor family.

Oh my! I think my DD has about 8 leos, TOTAL! And that includes her 1 competition leo. Aiya! I think my poor DD is deprived!

Don't feel bad - when my dd was your dd's age I think she only had 2. Even when she was competing level 4 she had maybe 3 plus her competition one. Since then she has accumulated more - but apparently not as much as some others :p

Here is DD count: 18 leos in her current size, except one seems smaller than the rest and she only wore it once, 1 in the next size up, 1 competition leo (now too small--DD best friend ordered small, we ordered med best friend is nearly a head bigger than DD so we switched), 6 pairs of shorts, and 5 (yes 5 leos that I am awaiting to get from ebay sellers. The sad part is I also have my eye on about 3 more that are on EBAY.

She will be going to Lake Owen this summer so she will take at least 7 leos for camp, and I will also buy her one from Lake Owen.

I am so glad to see that I am not the only leo crazy mom out there.

Barb

ok I dont even know how many my kids have!! I get htem soo cheap from Savers or once upon a child ( do not pay more than 4$ for one) and a friend whos dd went thru hers handed about 6 down to my girls!!!
and they just bought new ones with there own money and alos the Spring show leos they just got!!

How funny. My DD has about 10 now. She loves sparkly leos and I have an EBay seller that I love and I buy most of her leos there, I wait until something she likes is for bid (as she sometimes only has Buy It Now auctions) and I get it, or I buy a clearance item. She has some others as well. GK fits her very well and she has several of those, one a hand-me-down and the other from the team leo sale last year that I got cheap. She loves to wear different ones and she loves choices.

I am so past counting leos. we have a googleplex of them !:D:D:D

Some we sell, some we pass on, some we lose. Some they never wear :mad:.

Ah but they are lovely.

My daughter has 12 but she recently has given some away to her teammates even though I believe they still fit her. I was recently eyeing the new olympic ones from GK, they have a panda one and my daughter loves pandas as you can tell from my user name so I will have to get it, they also have some neat Shawn Johnson and Natasia leo's but they are kind of pricey. The funny thing is she will insist on wearing the same leos to practice over and over again. She also insists on wearing the leotard shorts so I just orderd 2 more pairs. They are so cute that they are hard to resist buying. Hopefully since she is training 5 days a week in the summer she will get some use out of them.:D

The funny thing is she will insist on wearing the same leos to practice over and over again.

This is the exact reason I don't go crazy with leos. My dd has her favorites that she will wear over and over. When she gets a new skill or has a really good practice - whatever she's wearing becomes her new lucky leo and that is the only one she wants to wear for a while :)

Used leo sales

Twice a year we have used leo sales at the gym. Everyone brings in their used leos, labeled with their names and sizes. We sell them for $10 each. the money goes into each girls competition account. We usaully start selling when we host a meet and sell them in our boutique, then we sell the leftover ones during rec classes. The gym owner lets us do it for a week after the meet, then we pack up the leftovers and keep them for the next meet. It is an easy way to earn money without much effort. I usually earn at least $60 each time. Now that my daughter is older she doesn't out grow them as fast as she did several years ago.

LOL!!! My dd just started about 2 months ago and she already has about 9 leos! Yes, it can be addicting collecting all the leos as I am finding. I will take this as a warning to me!!!!!!

YIKES! I wish I hadn't counted...my dd has 41! She has worn a CM for the past 4 years so I think that is why we have accumulated so many. She rotates them in and out pretty good, but I did find a couple that I have not seen her wear for a while. I guess it is time for a sale:)

We have so many, but most are from our leo sale. It's a fundraiser for the team and everyone brings donates their unused or small leos and we sell them for $10.00. The kids love it.

my kids have a buttload of them too.. i dont know how many exactly, but alot! it's an addiction really LOL

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back