WAG I am at a loss... looking for direction...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

You and I agree on many things, but I disagree here. My 13 yo can absolutely see the big picture and understand the ramifications of things- both of my girls have been able to do that for years. There is basically nothing in my family that changes/happens without conversation- we are talkers- but the decisions still have to be theirs when the conversation is over. I think kids understand more than they're given credit for.

Two things -- a) you're right - by 13 they should have a better idea, but b) I do think you have a very mature 13 year old. I'm around a lot of kids and your kids are by far some of the most well spoken, mature girls I've ever seen.

Two things -- a) you're right - by 13 they should have a better idea, but b) I do think you have a very mature 13 year old. I'm around a lot of kids and your kids are by far some of the most well spoken, mature girls I've ever seen.

Well thank you very much, that's very sweet to say. I would definitely agree that the younger they are the more direct guidance they need to make big decisions.

You and I agree on many things, but I disagree here. My 13 yo can absolutely see the big picture and understand the ramifications of things- both of my girls have been able to do that for years. There is basically nothing in my family that changes/happens without conversation- we are talkers- but the decisions still have to be theirs when the conversation is over. I think kids understand more than they're given credit for.
Right there with you. My dd quit gym just as she turned 13. It was very thoughtful and difficult decision. She found other things were more of a priority and it has continued to inform her decision making about how she spends her time.

Honestly, my son at 10yo understood this pretty well already.. It was at 10 that he decalred that gymnastics was his highest priority. He did not want to do other things that required missing gym. He has pretty much stuck to that, with a few small exceptions, for the last 5 years. (some forced, I made him miss gym and go to his 8th grade graduation :cool:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back