i can't land my tsuke

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

so i am having difficulties landing my layout tsuke..i can do a really nice pike but when i try and lay it out i rotate to slow and land short. any drills for me to practice so i can stop hurting my ankles and knees?

caroline

compete from the heart..and remember your amazing

Hi

If i were you
Without having seen your tsuk i cant say for sure, but here is where generaly people go wrong
1- Slow turnover..heel drive if you will..and Run up speed.. However if we asume this is not the case because you have a awesome tsuk pike...then we would have to look at your Korbet action/snap down or as some refer to it in vault. snap up.

Try working your tsuk pike onto mats above vault height About 8inc to start and work up more if you can..
ONce you are good with tghat.. start working on he layout out onto mat vault height. and then progress up again

Key here is of the block dontdrop your toes,,but lift your shoulders up..sorry running out of time on net...will continue later

Another idea:

Try to pull your chest up faster and your feet over your head faster. Hopefully that'll help!

Question to the other coaches: would you train a layout tsuk as a tight hollow or a tight arch?

I personaly would like to see just straight, but if that is what you mean by a tight hollow then i guess i would like to see that. Of course reason for it is twist it (for WAG anyways) and in which case i would want to see it to their back into candle as well.

maybe this will help...

HeyJ Hopefully you have a pit…because this drill will save your ankles and knees! Put a springboard right in front of the pit. You will put your hands on the board, block very hard and rotate to do the flip (you will want to start a few steps away from the board and run a little). Start with a tuck, pike, and then eventually your layout. You want a really good block!! If you can rotate your layout from the springboard and land on your feet with chest up in the pit then this will be a good start. Also you can do the same thing on the floor with the springboard but instead of rotating after you block you will just want to scoop your feet well and land in the hollow body position on an eight incher. Hope this helps and good luck! If you have any questions about the drills just let me know!

i want completely straight body in a layout tsuk / kaz / yurchenko so that when its time to twist its much easier to learn

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back