i dont know what to do!!!??!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hey y'all! i haven't been on here in foreeverrrr! Hey to all the newbies i haven't met yet, hehe. :)

okay, well my issue is, ever since i quit gymnastics, i've missed it sooooo much. i really want to go back, but there are some mental issues idk if im ready to handle or not and everything.

I have a commitment to volleyball this year (my sophomore year), it's only going to be my second year in a "real" school, and idk about it financially. I really don't know what to do...I think it's too late for a college scholarship, i dont knwo if ill have mental blocks or what!

advice = very helpful haha. ;]

My advice is to get back into it slowly. Take a few classes or see if you can workout with a team at your old gym. Try not to have too many expectations at first--just go into it with an open mind and see what happens!!!

The best of luck to you!!!

Sometimes you need to quit something and walk away from it to realize that you really do love it and want to do it. It sounds like that is what has happened for you.

You often find that a lot of the mental blocks and things you've had before can improve after a break and a realization of how much you want to do gymnastics.

I would suggest you begin with some open gym session (it doesn't have to be at your old gym if you aren't ready for that) just to see how you feel and possibly some more laid back recreational type classes. This will give you a good idea of how you will feel if you go back into full time training.

Does going back mean you'll have to leave school? It shouldn't, if you are training elite then yes, but it sounds like you are talking level 8-10, in which case you should be able to continue to train in gymnastics and attend school. If you want to keep going to school why not find a gym that allows this.

It may not be too late for a scholarship, ideally colleges begin looking for their athletes in their sophomore year, but there are always exceptions. Its best not to focus on a big goal like college, but to break it down and find smaller goals.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back