I figured it out!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My last class of the day this year is CITS honors Physics. When we have "discussion friday" our teacher explains the basics of some theory stuff like black holes. Last Friday we were talking about reletivity.

You might be sitting still at the computer right now, but actually you are moving 600+ mph as the earth spins around, but also some thousand mph as the earth rotates around the sun.

if you were to throw an egg 30 mph while in a car going 30 mph, the egg would be going 60 mph relative to the road. but if you throw the egg off the back of the car, then relative to the road the egg would be going zero mph and would drop where you let it go.

all this will easily make your head spin, but then it gets to the part that the speed of light is constant, and then i get confused. but this is what my teacher said: if you were to travel on a space ship going at 87% the speed of light for one full year, two years would have passed on earth but you would only have aged one year...

So...

This must have been what they did with the chinese gymnastics team. While in time the gymnast might have been born 16 years ago they are actually only 14 because they were in space for 1 year while 2 years passed on earth.

I solved the mystery!!

"This must have been what they did with the chinese gymnastics team. While in time the gymnast might have been born 16 years ago they are actually only 14 because they were in space for 1 year while 2 years passed on earth."

I love this! Too funny. :D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back