WAG I got to meet our favorite jaw dropping judge!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

It's my new favorite gym related photo! She was judging at the Woga Classic last weekend, and was incredibly nice and gracious. When I approached her for the photo and we looked around for spot to take it I said "You know, when I saw that vault, my jaw dropped too. You mind if we pose like that?" and she laughed and agreed. After she said "Seriously though, what a great vault, right?" Yes indeed :)

At the Olympics for reference:
MMvaultjudge_zps898c8390.jpg

Sunday night at the Dr Pepper arena:
Mckaylajudgejawdrop_zps34bd8b1c.jpg

I realize on a huge site like this one I may have outed myself, but this was too good to keep to myself and only the people present :)

LOL I totally forgot about that, probably in her purse! I'd totally save that as an Olympic souvenir if I were her.

Love it...thanks for sharing. I assume you recognized her from tv?

Actually a coworker of mine did, we freaked out a little and then decided we had to meet her. We saw her at a party Saturday night and got pictures, then my phone went crazy and I had to restore it and back it up. Photos gone, I thought I'd blown it and was so mad at my phone! Then I saw her on Sunday and was redeemed!

Shoot! I talked to her Sunday night and didn't even realize how close I was to fame. LOL. I saw her give Marchenko a hug and just figured he knew all of the judges.

Now we need a picture of you with Maroney and her unimpressed face!

One of the parents at our gym told me to photoshop Mckayla in with her unimpressed face LOL! I would if I knew how!

That is incredibly awesome! Almost better than meeting Makayla herself.

I'm a big fan of all the Olympians and gymnasts in general of course, but Mckayla is the only one I've ever thought "Man I would love to have coffee and hang out with her!"

Great picture and what a good sport she is to pose with her jaw dropped!! Love it!

For sure, I can't emphasize enough how friendly she was and how cool it was of her to go there with a random person!

Shoot! I talked to her Sunday night and didn't even realize how close I was to fame. LOL. I saw her give Marchenko a hug and just figured he knew all of the judges.

Don't feel bad, I didn't know her at first either! It took sharper eyes than mine or a faster brain to put it together and tell me haha. I was just the guts to ask for the pose in our judge opportunity equation heh.

Sunday was a great night! Were you there the whole evening? I was there for the level 7's only, the last session. Houston Stars Gymnastics were great, seeing them for the first time was a treat. They were all very fun to watch, but my favorite routine has to be Luisa Blanco's floor. Her music was used by a lot of gymnasts present, she was dancing her routine to it when she'd hear it it with this big smile on her face. Floor was her last rotation, she put a fork in it, it was done!

and that would be Cheryl Hamilton. she is awesome and 1 of the finest people i know in our industry.:):):)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back