I have not been on chalk bucket in a while, but with a good reason. What do I do?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi, my name is Kendahl and I am 16. I was a L4 when I have to quit because we moved back to NY (I was in NC). But, I really miss gymnastics and there is not a day that goes by when I do not wish I was still going.

The big problem:
Gymnastic in NY is like alot more expensive then in NC and we are kind of tight at the moment. I was wondering if gyms in NY sometimes let young gymnastic teach while they train or just at least work at the gym. To pay some of the bills?
If so, how would I ask if I have never even met them before?
I am really upset because I was really close to my old coaches and gym supervisers. How do I go about this situation?
How do I ask?
Or should I even?
I thank everyone for their help.

maybe they'll let you work preschool classes & assist with intermediate & advanced girls. go find a gym you like, preferably a new gym that needs staff & coaches. ask them if you can pay your bills for prep op or rec team, by assisting in some classes, & maybe helping with younger kids programs ( like at my gym, they have daycare, monkey gym, preschool classes etc) i dont know if theyll let you, considering your experience. but give it a try!
just give them a call or email, if your too nervous to speak in person. ask if they're looking for anyone to do preschool classes, & maybe assist in lower level classes for minimum wage.its worth a try, you'll regret it in the end if you dont, trust me. if it doesnt work out, maybe try babysitting till you have enough tuition money for a few months, or get a job at a local restaurant/cafe or grocery shop. :)
best of luck to you.:)

Have you just been looking into USAG teams? Quite a few clubs in New York offer USAIGC programs with less hours and money, you could look into that.
There are also a number of high schools in New York that offer club gymnastics. If your school has a program it could be a less expensive way back into the gym. The season is probably already underway for this year, but it wouldn't hurt to get some more info if a program is available. Your info indicates you are in New York City, so here is the website for high school gymnastics there- GYMNASTICS GIRLS VARSITY Page
You could also try everything the previous poster suggested, it wouldn't hurt to call and see if there are any possibilities.
You could also see if the gyms have weekly open gym or teen/adult classes. You might not be able to compete, but it could save your family a lot of money and you could still be back in the gym. It might also be a way in to get to know gym owners and coaches so you can work your way into a job.
I'm so sorry you are having this problem and I really hope something works out for you. Keep us updated!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back