Parents I love new things!!!! What new things are your DD's working on?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

apparently, my dd is learning baby giants and can do them with out help or a spot...idk what they look like, though. Probably not real pretty yet. She's also been learning sole circles (?) and squat ons and she named some other things that I have no idea what she is talking about... Notice these are all bar skills :)
She has been working ROBHSBHS, and had this down pretty good, but then she landed the second one on her head and now she doesn't want to try the second BHS without a spot.
She has been doing some fun stuff on beam, too, like backwalkovers (can't quite do them alone yet) and running and jumping off the end. She doesn't care much for beam, so it was amazing when she came out of gym the other day and said beam was sooo fun...I was intrigued and had to ask what that meant...lol
all the level 4's right now mimick the level 5 routine from the "sidelines" when one of the level 5's is practicing it. Maybe that's why they seem to pick choreography up so quickly...they see someone else do it a hundred times, lol.

DD's first meet is next sat, and I think the HC had them doing all this other stuff as a tension breaker. My dd certainly got a second wind and more enthusiasm for gym after the change of pace.

Beetle is working on opening up her Pike Tsuk. Her coach would like to see her do a Layout this year.

Bars - She is doing double back dismounts, her toe shoots look nice. She is still working on connecting Cast to HS Clear hip to HS every time. And she just got her Shootovers with no spot! Now, she is working on gliding them.

Beam - Flight series, flight series, flight series....She did BWO BHS Last night with only a Block uner the beam, that is very exciting news! Once the bwo bhs comes back she is going to work BHS BHS again.

Floor.. She is working full 1/2 twists with a punch front out of them. Punch through to a full twist and a Front hand front layout front Pike.

Not sure if she will compete l8 or l9 this year. My guess is she will probably start L8 then move to L9 and not compete beam.

Mine is working on being able to compete pain free and stay that way. She's either fought through knee pain or knee and back pain. Now with some real agressive PT, she is coming around. It is making a difference in the way she looks/feels.

Vault--wants to compete the yerchenko layout---have no idea where she is in working it. With all the adjustments the PT is doing, she told her it would mess up her vault for awhile.

Bars--has been working hard to get the .3 bonus. Plan is bail to his, then free hip to hs then toe hecht to hs then toe hecht.
Working on getting her db off the real bars---was doing it last year, but then repeated L8, so it got shelved.

Beam--Ha--staying on???? Switch leap to wolf 3/4(it needs lots of work--looks a little weird)

Floor--new front tumbling will be flo-full; 1 back pass will be whip-1.5-punch front, she would love to have her db for the other back tumbling pass, but don't know if she'll have time.

DD is mostly getting ready for level 5 meets coming up in the Spring, but they do uptrain. They have been really into strength and conditioning lately and she is loving it. They have a chart and different levels and she is excited about that. I don't stay and don't ask, so I don't get much from her unless she is uber excited or really upset about something.

I did get a chance to see her do a beautiful ROBHS-BT last night on the floor. She has been doing it by herself for 2 weeks, but I just finally got to see it.

New stuff is always fun. I am glad they area always uptraining at DDs gym. She would be bored to tears if all the did was compulsory routines and the skills for competition all the time. And I know she would rather have that lower score if the trade-off is uptraining. :)

DD just switched gyms and today was her first practice so everything is new to her! Lots of conditioning and tumbling today. On bars she's working on free hip circles and cast handstands. She'll compete level 5 this season.

DD has just started BHS on the low beam with a pad (no spot). Fortunately I haven't actually seen her do this. When she starts competing them I may have to step outside:p

she will be competing level 6, and she actually gets to be the same age all year (her birthday is after states for the first time since L4) and she has learned so many new skills this year it blows my mind! she got FT and BT, free hip, Fly away and her vault no longer looks like a garage sale. Last year she grew 4 inches (all during meet season) so she always looked like arms and legs everywhere. I never thought I would want her growth to slow down!

right now she's trying to learn to control the BT, because she is usually going so fast by the time she gets to it she has to take a few steps to land it. (last month she was landing consistently on her hiney, so this is a major improvement!:D)

Snowbound

I don't exactly know what DD is working on at all times in the gym. She is training level 5 and will have her very first meet on the weekend of her 7th birthday. Just today, I saw her ROFBT from a power hurtle as she calls it. She also has worked some fulls because I saw it at open gym after a teammate told me she(DD) had gotten the trick in the summer. She is working kip cast handstand and is almost verticle, toe circles(?), free hips, and fly aways. She can also do a very nice BW on beam. I don't know her coaches intentions with her, but I've noted quite a bit of uptrainning going on with her. She is happy because of it. She had told me she was getting bored with level 5! DD is far too verbal, so chances are she told her coaches the same thing. Oh boy!!:eek:

DD has been working new a bunch of new stuff.

Vault- Yurchenkos and flipping her tsuk

Bars- pirouettes, toe shoot to HB (not sure if that's the right name; they call them Chinese sit ups), and she's still trying to get her clear hip all the way up to handstand

Beam- switch leaps, RO-BT dismount, and is taking baby steps toward connecting BHS-BHS

Floor- still trying to get that darned full, RO-whip-BHS-BT pass, FLO and FHS-FP

DD1 just connected her blind full and her tkatchev! She has .7 of bonus for bars and only needs .5. She is very excited for her 1st year at level 10.

Her bar routine as I understand it.
kip, pike on, kip cast to handstand, blind full, tkatchev, pirouette, shoot half to handstand connected to hecht to high bar, giant, giant, double pike.

Well, we are still working on that kip...:( Trying to stay positive because she will have to compete level 4 for the tme being even though she has all of her other level skills.

That kip takes a while but once they get it they usually have it. My daughter is working on her level 6 routines. She is doing a layout flyaway not sure the difference and improving her ROBHSBT her coach actually joked the other day and asked if she had a stunt double because her ROBHBT looked so good. I think she is also working on holding her level 6 beam dismount.

My 8year old Lvl 5 is working on baby giants, yurchenkos, and BWO on the beam. She will be competing Lvl 6 in the spring & will do Lvl 7 next year. Our gym is great, they train up levels, which my DD loves!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back