Welcome to our Gymnastics Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

I need a kip fast.

stronggirlokc

Gymnast
Fan
Feb 11, 2020
ok, okc
Country
USA
I want to be an AAU level 4 gymnast(i am a level 3 currently) Any tips? I need to do a straddle kip as i am tall (5'2) I am trying to work to a walkout kip as well. I have plenty of strength, I just can't shift. Also tips on rips when doing kips? My teammates say that i am doing with straight arms so i am pushing away. Need tips pronto.

Splat

Coach
Coach
Gymnast
Feb 17, 2016
Country
USA
we have done what I believe are called uprises with a mat. this helps work on shifting your hands during a kip. basically you put a mat near the bar and just from the mat in front of the bar to a front support. as you get the hang of it go to one leg jumps and practice with straight arms.

Ag208

Banned
Banned
Gymnast
Dec 10, 2019
Country
Canada
I want to be an AAU level 4 gymnast(i am a level 3 currently) Any tips? I need to do a straddle kip as i am tall (5'2) I am trying to work to a walkout kip as well. I have plenty of strength, I just can't shift. Also tips on rips when doing kips? My teammates say that i am doing with straight

Ag208

Banned
Banned
Gymnast
Dec 10, 2019
Country
Canada
For your kip I don’t know if you are doing this but I found with me and my sisters kips after the glide swing we would pull the bar up to about our knees and slowly start to arch which caused us to push away from the bar.another tip would be to switch your grip faster I don’t mean move your thumbs over the bar I mean try to get your hands on top faster.

now for rips a little tip for rip treatment is to put tea bags on them after you rip.inalso have a medicine called rip stopper and it seams to stop a lot of ripping I got mine off amazon