I need help with my Hand Front Vault!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi guys! I have been having a lot of trouble with my Hand Front Vault. I usually fall on them, and our first meet is next week. I really need some help learning why I am falling and how to make my vault better. I have been told I am coming on high and opening early. Also, I am wondering the approximate score of the ones I fell on and the ones I stuck. I posted a few videos of myself doing the vault below. Any help would be appreciated!!! :)

Gymaholic Gymnastics - YouTube
Gymaholic2 - YouTube
Gymaholic3 - YouTube
Gymaholic4 - YouTube
Hand Front Vault - YouTube
Hand Front Vault2 - YouTube

there is something suspicious about the post above. someone needs to look in to it.

can't watch a one of them. won't let you without a virus warning. and it takes you to something called Muay Thuai?

I was able to watch them on my desktop, but not my laptop (maybe because I have real player on my desktop) ANYWAY, videos look legit. Here are the links to two of her vaults on youtube, there are 5 or 6 more on her channel(since she posted the links to her videos, and her channel is public, I am assuming it's ok):

Gymaholic Gymnastics - YouTube
Hand Front Vault2 - YouTube

Sorry I can't offer any expertise on the execution of your vault.

Thank YOU Wandrewsjr. i could see them perfectly.:)

Nessa, you have a very good hand front vault. and what concerns you is probably that they are inconsistent. why? look at where your board is on each and every one that i reviewed. the 2 that were competitive worthy found the board closer to the table. but overall the board is much to far from the table. so then, set your board at 1 to 1 1/2 at the front. or 5/5 1/2 if you measure from the back of the board. get comfortable with the board that close. turnover of the handspring is essential for maximum energy/power for this vault. let me know how it goes. you're on a good path. :)

Ok thanks so much, I didn't even notice that before. It is definitely something to play with. You're right, the inconsistency was what was concerning me, sometimes I'd nail them, but mostly I would fall, and I didn't understand why. This could definitely be part of the problem. I'll have my coach look at it.

Looks like I would have to download like 4 of those videos instead of playing them off youtube.

A bit more turnover. Tighter tuck position would help a bit, IMO.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back