WAG I need some advice

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

The standards here are definitly higher, and that's not a bad thing.
Not harsh at all gymdog! I agree she moved up too fast. she was in the "get ready for team" class and I questioned it when they skipped her up to train level 3. her coaches assured us it would be fine, so we went with it.

I talked to the front desk last night during class and I do feel better about it. she said they do the same things in each class all week to really focus on certain things. she said once dd fixes the issues she'll be moved right back to team. probably in a few weeks and that they do have kids dd's age on team sometimes.
maybe I am crazy gym mom! lol I gotta relax and just go with it!

That sounds good then. I think this seems like the right gym all in all. Some gyms want to group certain kids together and really make sure they can do the most basic things before accelerating them. I am sure if your daughter is 5 and can do even the basic stuff you listed that the class did, that she will be on team. But for full level 3, most 5 year olds can't do things like mill circles on the bars. Physically it's hard for them due to the size and shape of their bodies (larger head size) even if they have the strength and coordination. For most gyms the 5 year old developmental program isn't full level 3 routines.

That sounds good then. I think this seems like the right gym all in all. Some gyms want to group certain kids together and really make sure they can do the most basic things before accelerating them. I am sure if your daughter is 5 and can do even the basic stuff you listed that the class did, that she will be on team. But for full level 3, most 5 year olds can't do things like mill circles on the bars. Physically it's hard for them due to the size and shape of their bodies (larger head size) even if they have the strength and coordination. For most gyms the 5 year old developmental program isn't full level 3 routines.

You got it! She could do all her level 3 stuff except the mill circle! and handstands on beam were very shaky.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back