WAG I need some help, I took a break from gymnastics, don't know how to get back in the swing of things

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

Gymnast_Diva185

Hey all. I have been a gymnast for 3 years, a few months ago I took a break to focus on school. I'm going back now, I still have my skills, yet how am I supposed to get back to the performance level of before... a few months isn't that bad, yet I use the vault horse and I don't know about my kip. Yeah, my coach said she'd help me get back to where I was, just I'm not sure how to really get it, for example conditioning and form, possible fear on vault. Please help me or give me some tips on how to get back to that level. BTW I'm Xcel Gold.

I'm Xcel Gold too, 2 words for getting into performance shape. Conditioning and flexibility. Condition and stretch a lot at home and it will really show! If you're worried about the mindset you need for competition, what I do is take even practices very seriously. Of course you can make jokes and talk, just be careful of when. Like instead of on beam, on water break. Little stuff like that can sometimes make a big difference when mentally preparing for skills! Good luck <3

Work your way back up in conditioning and stretching. And work back up to your vault too. And if needed, have your coach spot you. It depends how you work on your vault depending on your level.

Don`t give up, just keep working. I think that it`s very possible that you could compete already this year. And be ready to go by the meet. And try to do not one event, but all four events.

I do Xcel as well, I'm platinum. Anyways the best way to get back into the swing of things is to
1. Condition and stretch extra at home. And I mean like deep stretching and over splits and all that.
2. Take practice seriously. Don't cheat, work hard, and focus.
3. Visualize yourself doing what you're aiming for, especially at night!
Hope that helps!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back