I need your opinion

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

please don't remove them!! I LOVE watching lizzy and crystal's meets! they are both very talented and have inspired me a lot. (i am one of you friends on youtube). But yes, i would disable the comments if people are saying mean things. I wish lizzy and crystal good luck!

People can be pretty mean on Youtube. I wouldn;t delete the videos though. We like watching them!! But maybe disable comments if it really bothers you.

Hi. :) I haven't read the whole thread yet..but here are my thoughts:

I would love to keep watching the videos because both Lizzy and Crystal are beautiful gymnasts, and really inspire me to keep working, even though I've chosen to move on from the sport of gymnastics. I would always watch Lizzy & Crystal when I was healing my broken foot, and i keep saying to myself as I watched, "I want to be able to be like them and have fun doing this and enjoy what I love."

You can make your Youtube videos that only friends can comment and all others need an approval. And delete the comments from the meanies/block so they can't say anything bad about my favorite little gymnasts ever again. :)

I know I may be selfish in saying that I would love for you to keep the videos up, but I know a ton of fans would hate to see them deleted, because Lizzy & Crystal are truly beautiful inside & out at what they do.

P.S.- Sorry to write a novel, haha.

You all are very supportive and the comments really don't happen on youtube they're mostly on blogs and message boards. Alot of the crazy stuff is directed at her coaches and the gym (see some of the comments on gymnastike.org...ouch). You all make valid points and it feels a little better that some of our motivation for posting the videos was not in vain. I really appreciate most of the people who post. Even critisism is OK. It's the mean attacks that bother most gym mommies. I may start posting some more recent meets before they come down. I appreciate the support and encouragement through the years.

Well,... this is absolutely normal for ANY coach close to elite level (and winning JO's definitely is pretty damn close). I wouldn't worry about it too much, you can't avoid it anyway. It's always gonna happen. Especially since the name of the gym + the leotards (patriotic, Texas) probably irritates a lot of the typical gym community, which tends to be quite anti-republican (and no, I'm not just talking GGMB even though they are a big part of that. They're everywhere, and they'Re also the ones to voice their opinion loudly. Nothing wrong with that as there is a lot of knowledge on there, but there definitely isn't any false political correctness going on).

Anyway,

keep at it, as they get better you just have to deal with that and you cannot avoid it anyway. There's stories like that even about the more accomplished, drama-free coaches out there.

I know One True Media, where I produce my dd's vids, has a page where you can post their vids, & it can only be visited by those you provide the link to. But I guess the same can be done on You Tube.

It's too bad others out there have such potential to ruin a good experience like gymnastics with ugly comments. You are in good company, all the top gymnasts have gone thru this I am sure, as well as all those in the public eye. Just look at the tabloids! People actually make a living by spreading gossip and writing false stories. I figure that kind of behavior is going to backfire on these individuals one day. My dd went to gym w/ a Nat'l team member for a while, and this gal had some REALLY rough times w/ this sort of stuff over the years. She & her family deal w/ it, but it's not easy. :eek:

It's the mean attacks that bother most gym mommies.

Which is exactly WHY they post them - Just to be mean and upset you - anonymously. (the word coward should come to mind).

They mean nothing. I would leave them posted for all interested to enjoy, but expect the whackos to try to spoil things. Like e-mail spam, replying or reacting just makes things worse. Simply ignore them, and they will soon find someone more vulnerable to upset. After all, you are a better person then they are - Right!? :yes:

Last edited:
It's true that putting yourself and others out there has some inherent risks (much like gymnastics). I would just disable comments and block anyone who bothers you. Of course I am biased because I like watching your videos. :(

As for it happening outside of youtube... They really should not be talking about your gym and your gymmies that way, especially in public. It's disgusting and pointless. And it stinks, because you can't do anything about it.

Try not to take these people too seriously. They are probably just jealous lumps, who never had the work ethic to get as far as your kids.

Plus, Lizzy and Crystal are pretty well known even without YouTube, being amazing winners, and some attention, good and bad, is going to come flying your way. Just go look at video of, say, the comments on a video of the Olympic beam finals. There is always going to be some twit jabbering about Nastia's forehead or how Shawn should've been deducted or something.

Last edited:
OMG! I am so surprised to see you here! I discovered your videos about 2 years ago when my DD first joined the team. Your daughter is AMAZING and we have responded to your youtube videos as she is such an inspiration to little ones. I have only a couple of my DD's videos posted too, just for some friends and family. I can't seem to handle how some people are just cruel either. One girl responded to one of my DD's very first video's and commented how bad she was. She was only 6 at the time!It didn't take me long to find other responses from her on youtube accounts giving out loads of information on herself, age, gym she attended, ect, so sent her a message pleading with her to to be careful on the internet and also about how inappropriate her comments were. My DD has overcome many physical delays as a baby, and gymnastics has been a therapy for her. She is not the most talented, no big scores, but she has one of the biggest hearts & tries hard. Youtube allows her to visualize the routines a little better when she is not in the gym. Things come a little harder for her.

I have not read any responses to your post here yet, but I am sure most moms here will tell you the same...90% of the comments on youtube will be positive, there will only be a handful of mean people who feel they can say hurtful things at their keyboards, but maybe you can change the settings so comments can't be left or do what I do, remove inappropriate ones. Your daughter is our favorite youtube gymnast, as well as some of my CB friends here, we have always enjoyed watching her progress, but as a mom, I understand how difficult it can be to read mean things from people you don't even know so if you do choose to remove...thank you for sharing your beautiful daughters with us!

Edit to add: OK, I read the responses and didn't realize it was another site that you were refering too. So this site is not even you posting the videos, but someone else? YIKES, I am not sure I like that! But, I imagine when you come from a well know gym and a state that prduces great gymnastics it might happen at the higher levels. I think I would just hit the delete button for that bookmarked site and not read anything there anymore. Look at when the Olympics were on...people were talking about the color of Nastia and Shawns leotards, LOL! Obviously whatever you are doing works for your daughters and family. As long as they are thriving and doing well and love their coach/gym it's not worth reading some of that rubbish! ((HUGS))

Last edited:
I hear WGA is a very good gym and honestly when you go to a gym like that many other girls are jealous. I used to go to a very good gym, one of the best in the state, and girls were often jealous of how well did in competitions and thought we were giant brats. When I switched to a much smaller gym I noticed more and more how jealous the girls wished they could be them and made up for it by making fun of them even though they don't know them. Just push past this hard time because Lizzy and Crystal are both amazing gymnasts and most of the people who think the gym/coaches are bad have no clue about the situation and think they know everything even though they are many levels lower, don't go to that gym, have never seen the coaches, or aren't even in gymnastics. I wish you all the best and good luck in the future.

:(

Jess and I love watching your videos.

We almost pulled our youtube videos a few months ago because someone made a youtube page linking to our videos claiming to be us - WEIRD and FREAKY! Tried to do the private thing but honestly it was a huge pain!

Anyway, I discovered it was just a silly young girl and she removed the page and closed that account.

It's such a hard choice. I know we started out page for the same reason. It was to post dance recital video for those who couldn't make it and then became so much more. It's so much fun for us. I love making the videos and the kids love the comments. Out comments are by approval only unless you're a friend.

On another note - the more youtube pulls my video the more I am likely to put them on my facebook page then only friends see it.

Good luck with what ever yuou decide. We would miss your videos - but understand!

I post on youtube also...My dd Jordan!! All of our family is from out of town and never get to see her, so it's a good way for them to see her meets. I have received some pretty ugly remarks and most of the time they are from other older gymmies. Who knows why? but I just delete them and go on. Don't allow it to bother me. Most likely they are just jealous or don't have anything better to do than to try to make me mad. We love to watch Lizzie and Crystal! They are great gymnasts!!!! Congrats to Lizzie at JO!!!

Jealousy is twisted form of flattery. Keep those video coming so the world can see what truly hard working talented gymnasts you have raised. Those who can't, talk about those who can to make themselves feel better.

Jealousy is twisted form of flattery. Keep those video coming so the world can see what truly hard working talented gymnasts you have raised. Those who can't, talk about those who can to make themselves feel better.

I love that: jealousy is a twisted for of flattery. My dd's videos gets tons of comments but I was actually surprised by how many positive comments as opposed to negative, nasty comments. When I do receive something inapporiate I just quickly delete the comment and block the user. I too had a little girl claiming to be Olivia at age 8. I notified Youtube and her account was closed. But for the most part.....I love all the people, children, there was even a young girl with cerebal palsy who thanked me for posting videos because watching people do amazing things with thier body brings her joy. That just means so much more to me than any little jealous kid. I too look into every subscriber, friend etc. And do my best to keep it positive and safe.

I would love to continue watching Lizzy and Crystal progress. But I totally understand if you choose to take them down. You seem to be a very level headed parent. I am sure whatever you choose would be in the best interest of your family.

Lizzy & Crystal will be missed on youtube they are both extremely talented gymnast.I was not aware Crystal did not start until 12years old wow what an inspiration .I have never been one to let what other people say about me bother me ,but my dd has never been in the limelight like yours.A mother always knows best.

I will miss your videos alot!!! Crystal and Lizzy are so good at gymnastics and they inspire me.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back