Off Topic I present to you: Coach Tools, the open-source video replay app for athletes!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Geoffrey Taucer

Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Gymnast
Hello, all! I have been working on a project over the last few months to build a replay system for use in gyms, with lots of extra features (freeze frame and automatic hold timer are the big ones). Originally, I'd planned to sell this system to gyms.

HOWEVER, given current events I'm guessing it may be awhile before gyms are interested in spending money on new and untested equipment. So I've decided to make it free and open source for anybody who wants it, in the hopes that it will aid all your athletes with their at-home training, and that it will be useful to you when your gyms reopen.

Eventually, I might get around to making it a simple double-click-to-run type thing, but for now it's only available as source code; you'll have to install python to use it.

I hope it's helpful, and if you want to help improve it, I'm happy to hear your feedback (though since I'm not making any money from it, fixes will be made at a rate of about once every whenever-I-feel-like-it).

..... and if you are in a position that allows you to hire a programmer, I'm currently job-seeking

Last edited:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back