Parents I saw my DD do.....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymmonkeymomma

Proud Parent
a handstand pirouette!!! My oldest DD that is, she's been complaining all season about how hard bars is, how she's never going to get it, blah, blah, blah. This Tues we had a judge come in to watch and critique our L7's and 8's. DD was very nervous but it's a judge that she's known for years and he has coached her before. So I pumped her up with alot of "it's not a big deal, it's just B". Well she got up there and fell out of her first handstand but did a quick hip circle and got up and made the turn! On high bar, she did 2 giants, not very pretty, but at least she got around. She did not do giant-giant-flyaway like she was supposed to (still has fear issues about this) but ended up doing giant-giant-clear hip-tuck dismount. She didn't get an exact score but said it was "in the 7's" which to me is better than being in the 6's LOL.

I was just proud that she did try all her skills and now just needs to focus on getting better.

Congrats to your dd. I hope she gains more confidence from here on out to help her overcome her fears. Way to go!!

Wow! Impressive...She must have really worked hard to pull that off and she kept her cool in front of "the judge". Good for her!!!

Handstand pirouettes are hard! My dd is a level 8 too and she can do the pirouette, but it is not as consistent as "Mom" would like it to be (it would bring me much relief at meets if she was consistent.)

It sounds like your dd is doing good. She still has quite a few weeks until meet season - she will work out all of her kinks.... ;)

I love seeing new skills, it's so exciting! Good job to your dd!

Wow! That is a big skill! I love watching them. Hope she gets her confidence on bars and gets past her fear issues. 7s is still good and she has time to get things more consistent before meet season.

It sounds like your dd is doing good. She still has quite a few weeks until meet season - she will work out all of her kinks.... ;)

Her first meet is Jan 11th so she has almost 2 months. Unfortunately for the next 3 wks, she will miss quite a bit of gym due to competition cheering practices. Starting Dec 8th she can be completely focused again!!! She stil needs a floor routine!!!

Don't worry about the floor routine. My dd learned hers in 3 hours and could compete it that coming weekend. That is a very common practice at our gym, get your routine at the last minute and then compete it.

The thing is the girls want the routines so bad, they are like sponges and learn it so quickly. Now there is something to be said about "owning" their routine, that comes with time, but learning the choreography is actually the easy part!

Your dd has plenty of time! ;)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back