Coaches I should be excited about my new job, but I'm sad about leaving the old one

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

jcharityk

Coach
I recently received a coaching offer at another gym. The new company is closer to my home than the old, pays better, and appears more organized whereas the old company was dirty, extremely disorganized, paid very little, and took advantage of its coaches. Despite the fact that I disliked the management at my old job I am still sad to leave it. I should be excited, and I am but I'm also so sad. My old company agreed to pay me for the next two weeks, but asked me not to come in to coach. I thought I'd be able to say goodbye to the kids, but its clear the company doesn't want them to know where I'm going. I still don't feel like I should be so upset, after all I want my new job, but I feel so rejected by my old one. I suppose the reaction I got from my former boss just wasn't what I expected. I thought she would beg me to stay, but I think she anticipated my resignation. I want to be excited about my new job rather than dwelling on the old one.

These kinds of things happen in every industry. It sounds like this actually worked out well - they are paying you for two weeks of not even working?!!! And you are leaving bad management and moving on UP to better pay and a more organized gym. I'm sure it won't be perfect, but I bet it will be better.

I've had to move gyms before too, and it was super difficult to leave the kids I'd grown attached to. But they will remember you and the lessons you taught them, and you will move on to meet and care for new kids at your new gym. It's hard to not feel appreciated by your old boss, but you know what - that's in the past now! Hold your head up high and enjoy the new journey ahead of you!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back