I went to the E.R. last night.....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

flips123

Gymnast
Yes,you read that right.
I did my dismount on bars and landed on the edge of the mat.I rolled my anle with all my weight on it.It was already swelling after I did it so I had to go to the E.R.I didnt break it luckily but I did cause a severe sprain.No gym for 2 weeks or until I can run full speed without pain.It really stinks cause one of our biggest meets is in 6 weeks but I will most likely be healed by then.For the next 2 weeks I am on crutches and have to wear a boot like thing.I will still be going to some practices to strech and condition though.I dont know what I am going to do at school besides carry my backpack with me...Any suggestions?I hope I heal fast!

Ouch! :( I just did almost the same thing about a month ago (on my birthday of all days); landed on it the wrong way dropping from the high bar to the mat. Ankle is *still* a little swollen but no longer painful to walk or run.

At my school there's an elevator for people who can't use stairs. My friend has a knee problem and she leaves class a few minutes early so she'll have enough time to get to it. Hope it heals fast!!

I did the same thing (a bad sprain - grade 2 tear of ligament) a while ago but not while i was doing gym, i was playing netball (kind of like basketball) at the time so it pretty much meant i couldn't train at all until ankle was healed. I was on crutches for 2 weeks and no exercise for 4 weeks (including the 2 weeks on crutches) then had to tape it for a while. I had someone carry my books while i was on crutches and there was an elevator i could use all in all it was not the most convenient thing particularly when a friend ran off with my crutches while i was at a ride at a theme park.......and left me stranded :S

i did the same thing except i jumped off beam :/ my school has lots of stairs and no elevator. i tripped up the stairs :( i hated crutches. goodluck. heal fast. praying for you. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back