Ideas for goodie bags

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I think goodie bags also help the gyms and parents feel at least a little better about the often expensive meet fees. And it is just a little extra thank you for choosing the meet, paying the fees, coming to watch, and trying to entice you to come back next year. When I was a gymnast, we often just got a scrunchie or something really small. It was always SO exciting when we got a t-shirt, teddy bear, bag, anything that seemed "extravagant."
I really liked the substantial things that I wouldn't throw away in a few hours and would be good reminders of the meet in the future. Not necessarily expensive, but not a note pad donated by the local community college (actually got one of those once haha).

There's definitely a lot of one-ups-manship in our area with goody bags. Every gym clearly wants to have the best one and be seen as the "best meet".

Some of them are full of lots and lots of little things, but I really do like just one slightly bigger item (like a water bottle or a t-shirt) better.

My favorite from a meet this year was on the first week of Spring at a meet where they gave out tiny little potted plants. Those were adorable.

Scrunchies and grip bags always seem to be a favorite - and they're useful too. I agree with the one poster who said that the trinket stuff isn't usually very well received. You can get scrunchies and grip bags from any one of the major leotard retailers - k-bee probably is the least expensive. This way, the grip bag functions as the "goody bag" and the scrunchy is the goody. I would recommend calling and seeing if you can get a discount (wholesale, gym, large quantity, whatever works). Socks are really popular right now too as a "goody bag" item and again can probably be purchased through one of the online retailers for a bulk discount. My thing is quality over quantity, so no need to get a variety of different trashy things - one nice thing is much better received. The level pins are also popular with the younger kids and can be handed out at gymnast check-in, and again can probably be purchased in bulk inexpensively.

Good luck and have fun!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back