If you missed the Chalkbucket

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I am sure many of you have wondered where the site has been all week. The site was basically hacked, the hosting site was far from helpful, @JBS spent countless hours fighting to get the site back up and running for us. So thank you to him.

Welcome back, and now tell us what you have been up to.

Thanks JBS and admins! I have missed you guys! So glad to beback!

I am sure many of you have wondered where the site has been all week. The site was basically hacked, the hosting site was far from helpful, @JBS spent countless hours fighting to get the site back up and running for us. So thank you to him.

Welcome back, and now tell us what you have been up to.

I still can't see the site from chalkbucket.com... can you?

Thank you JBS!

I definitely missed chalkbucket. As for what I've been doing, making more bars! Clear hip roll bars, floor bars, now floor bars to fit over air tracks (that was obnoxious and I definitely undercharged but won't in the future,) and now paralettes. I just finished up my third round of orders and would kind of like to take some time off and breathe before I advertise again or list on Ebay or something, but I also feel like I should be striking while the iron is hot. :) It's been nice to be so productive and learn new skills, though my cooking and cleaning have suffered.

This week, our governer is supposed to announce the "plan" for reopening, so...we'll see what that looks like.

Last edited:
Ok... Safari is showing me the site now.

This site was not hacked... GoDaddy.com was... the site was here the whole time just fine... no one could get to it though as the domain (chalkbucket.com) had been changed. GoDaddy has admitted over the phone that they had a security breach... however... they will not admit it in writing.

This site was not hacked... GoDaddy.com was... the site was here the whole time just fine... no one could get to it though as the domain (chalkbucket.com) had been changed. GoDaddy has admitted over the phone that they had a security breach... however... they will not admit it in writing.

Wow. you would think they would own it....glad to be back.

Here is the final email I received after calling them 15 times...

Our Undo staff has responded to your request, details of which are described below:

Discussion Notes​
Support Staff Response
Thank you for your patience while we reviewed the information associated with your account. This was required for your security. To prevent further updates, the account has been locked.
This administrative lock can now be removed by contacting our 24/7 Customer Care team and verifying a password reset from this email address. Once you reset the password and regain access to the account, please change the PIN, and check the account, order history and contacts. Our Customer Care team can walk you through this. Thank you for allowing us to assist you during this time.
The GoDaddy Account Recovery Team
https://www.godaddy.com/contact-us

At one point I received an email that basically said "get an attorney"...

We see you recently submitted a Change Update request. We’re sorry, but we can only make this change after verifying the consent of the registrant – and unfortunately, the registrant’s consent was not provided in this case.

What now? If you still want to pursue this action, you might consider:

1.) Trying to resolve the issue directly with the current registrant. You should be able to find the contact information in the WHOIS directory.
2.) Consulting an ICANN-approved arbitrator. Please review the following link:
3.) Providing your legal counsel the following link for information about submitting legal documents to GoDaddy: http://www.godaddy.com/agreements/showdoc.aspx?pageid=CIVIL_SUBPOENA

Ah that bit I misunderstood. They were far from helpful. Glad you are away from them now.

ChalkBucket is NOT hosted at GoDaddy... it's just where I registered the domain long ago... so I left it there. Now that the domain has been transferred out... it has been pointed back at the site and everything is good to go.

Thanks for working so hard to get the site back up! Going through withdrawal and was wondering if it was gone for good

Just an FYI,
I suggest everyone change their passwords, especially if you use the one here for other accounts of yours. I received multiple emails that contained my password that I use only here and informing me that they had hacked into my computer, accounts and contacts and are prepared to destroy me if I do not submit a large sum of money to them through Bitcoin. Not sure who you guys use to host this site, but they're not doing a very good job with security to say the least. I feel very lucky that I don't use my main password here, but I'm still not thrilled with receiving these threats because someone doesn't have a properly encrypted and secure site. Hope it helps.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back