IGC drop off and a CB meet up!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Dropped off Baby Bog at IGC this morning.

We had an eventful day yesterday, BB broke her glasses as we were leaving the house for a long drive to Saratoga Springs, thanks to some great advice from a CB buddy I managed to get her a new pair in under an hour and then we were on our way to the USA.

Night in a hotel with Toy Story 3 at a drive in movie, a first for all of us and a lot of fun, though I have a few 1000 bug bites now!!! Great movie, darker than the other ones but so well done.

Drove to IGC for noon time and BB checked into her cabin. Last week I saw that Flippersmom's DD would be at IGC the same week and after a few PM's we were able to make a calll to put our girls in the same cabin. So I got to meet Flippersmom and BB got to meet a brand new friend from America! Very cool and what a nice lady FM is too. I am sure the girls will have a great week as they seem to both have lots of personality.

In NYC now with hubby and Bigger Bog, we are trying to find the energy to go to the Rockerfeller Centre to see the sights from the Top Of The Rock.

That is so awesome that you guys got to meet up. I hope the two girls have a lot of fun at ICG. I am hoping that my daughter will get to go one year.

Sounds like a great time!!!! am sure the girls will have sooo much fun at IGC together. Thats awesome that you were able to get the same cabin :). Maybe one day Dani will be brave enough to go away one year. Have a great time in NYC!

How exciting for the CB meetup and that the girls get to be in the same cabin! Have fun in NYC!!

The girls will have an absolute blast! That is so cool you got to meet another CBer and that you were able to arrange to hae the girls in the same cabin.

Yes, it was great to meet Bog and her family. The girls already have a picture posted on IGC's site! My DD was so excited, so was already asking me before even meeting Bog's daugther if it cost her to text to Canada! Since they are both there without teammates, it made leaving a little easier knowing she had made an "instant" friend! Thanks Bog for getting them in the same cabin.

Hope you have fun in NY! Will you be enjoying Friendly's again?

Sounds like a blast! Way to go on getting them into the same cabin. I'm sure they will both have a blast, let us know how it goes!
Bog- Have a great time in NY, what a fun city! I'll be heading up that way next weekend and cannot wait. Hope the weather is nice for you!

I don't think I can do Friendly's twice in one year, let alone one week!!! SO glad you found that pic of them FM, Baby Bog was so excited when she found out that FLipper would be at IGC and she wanted to meet her right away. They both seem to be livewires and I think they could have way too much fun together!!!

Weather is HOT in NYC, last night we walked up to Times Square did the M&M sote and just wandered about. This morning we got up and took the subway to Brooklyne and walked back over the Brooklyne Bridge, down to South Street Seaport to buy discount tickets for Rock of Ages, something to please the whole tribe!! Walked up to Chinatown for Dim Sum and then walked back up Centre Street and Broadway, stopping to buy a few pairs of converse on the way. Now hubby is having the afternoon nap, Bigger Bog is watching tripe on tv and I am catching up on work and play online!!!

Off to Juniors for dinner and cheesecake bafore the theatre. All fun.

Juniors is where my hubby took me on our first day :) I'm a cheesecake buff. That is good that you were able to get the girls in the same cabin--goes to show it doesn't hurt to ask :) How exciting for them too!! Hope they have a good week with a little cooler weather!!

Sadly no, I think this is as far as we'll get this time. Hubby and I were looking at driving to SC next spring as he has a little golf fetish. Maybe that could work into something FUN!!!:D

Bog: One year when our daughter was at IGC our son went to the Sports camp adjacent to it and hubby and I drove to NYC. From there we flew to Myrtle Beach for a few days on the beach. We booked our tickets through Spirit Air and the total was something around $100.00 total for both of us. If you are loking for golf Myrtle Beach is the place to go!

Very cool that you were able to connect with FM and that the girls are able to be in the same cabin! Of course no trip to IGC is complete without a trip to the GK outlet in Reading! Enjoy the week!

Bog: One year when our daughter was at IGC our son went to the Sports camp adjacent to it and hubby and I drove to NYC. From there we flew to Myrtle Beach for a few days on the beach. We booked our tickets through Spirit Air and the total was something around $100.00 total for both of us. If you are loking for golf Myrtle Beach is the place to go!

Very cool that you were able to connect with FM and that the girls are able to be in the same cabin! Of course no trip to IGC is complete without a trip to the GK outlet in Reading! Enjoy the week!

Good luck with Spirit Air if you fly them though...they will charge through the nose for everything, including carry-on bags!

Both Myrtle and Hilton Head have plenty of places to go golfing as well as sit on the beach.

I also dropped my 2 daughters and 2 friends off on Sunday. Not hearing from them is killing me so I had to sign in here for some gymnastics vibes. I wonder if our girls connected at all without knowing. Mine are level 8's. I can't wait to pick them up on Saturday and hear all about it!

Hope yours are having a great time!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back